Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Intelligent Humans

I am appreciating the level of intellectual intelligence of the humans on this forum. It pleases me to converse and associate with people that are well-worded, and knowledgeable. Thank you.
lobsterJasonStraight_MansukhitaCaptain_AmericaAmeliaBrian

Comments

• Huh, who, what??
    :wave:
  • BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran
    edited February 2013
    if they know what they are talking about on this forum, Intelligence has little to nothing to do with it and wisdom(panna) has everything to do with it.

Intelligence can help create an even larger ego then normal and also keep you thinking you can somehow intellectualize the practice, when you cannot.

other then that I agree that this is a wonderful community :)
    blu3reeBunksVastmind
  • Jayantha said:

if they know what they are talking about on this forum, Intelligence has little to nothing to do with it and wisdom(panna) has everything to do with it.

Intelligence can help create an even larger ego then normal and also keep you thinking you can somehow intellectualize the practice, when you cannot.

other then that I agree that this is a wonderful community :)

Being intelligent does not guaranty that one will develop wisdom, obviously. Just as a lack of intelligence is not helpful for developing wisdom.
    I think that intelligence can help to cut through an overbearing ego. One does not need to be unintelligent to be humble.
    I think that a degree of intelligence is necessary to even understand much of the teachings. Particularly if one is dependent on his own investigations and does not have the benefit of a patient teacher.
    In my view, some intelligence is an important part of the precious human birth.

sukhitakarasti
  • Yes, intelligence is one of the qualities we may have in this life and it is a necessary factor to study. At least according to the Jewel Ornament of Liberation.
  • There is IQ, EQ and in the world of 'spiritual' unfoldment, there is the potential in the right circumstances and grouping, a raft building exercise. Getting to the far shore, or sitting where we already are is only the beginning . . . Each of us can get a little smarter, develop emotional stability but the 'real world' is without beginning and end . . . or as the Mahayana say . . .
    Emptiness is form and form is emptiness.
    We have the logs, we have the bindings . . . Into the stream . . .
  • BeejBeej Human Being Veteran
    me click button on internet. me type things. me say yay. me smrt. i mean smat. i mean smart. yay. :)
    DaftChrislobsterNirvanaMaryAnne
  • Gassho
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited February 2013

me click button on internet. me type things. me say yay. me smrt. i mean smat. i mean smart. yay. :)

And as far as searching Newbuddhist.com by topic, THUS Have I Heard:
    I gave up on the built-in search function long ago. The way to work around this effectively is to search within Google, with searches such as

pollyanna + "newbuddhist"