Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Pen palling

Are there any buddhists out there who love the art of snail mail? I would really like to get to know some buddhists who wants to be penpals. I write letters like its a journal, I love the thought of it being sendt away, and then having someone view my thoughts from outside and give me a response and share their thoughts.
lobsterstill_learning

Comments

• Quaint and awesome in these daze of IM, tweeting and email. Good plan, good luck, viva escargot mail . . .
    . . . A right thing to do in my opinion . . . sadly I am too cyberated to participate . . . :D
    trendybuddha
  • CoryCory Tennessee Veteran
    I would love to do that, IMs, PMs, E-mails, and texting are just less meaningful. When you get a letter, that has taken a long journey, it feels better. It is a special thing. I used to mail my mom all the time, but her adress changes so much, I cannot do it so much anymore. There is more meaning, and emotion in a letter. :)
    trendybuddha
  • I enjoy writing by hand (especially with a fountain pen), but I also find it physically painful :( I have an arrangement with an old friend that I send her an e-mail and she replies by letter, as sitting at a computer and typing is painful to her. It worked out that we sent maybe 3 a year. It would be nice to keep in closer contact, but this slower way does allow for us to include more in our e-mails/letters instead of struggling for something new to say! I've actually lost contact with her for about a year now, so I've been planning on writing her a letter by hand and to include some photos as well. Hopefully, that extra personalisation and effort will spark up a new conversation.

It's a shame the postage prices keep going up really. Snail mail can be pretty expensive these days, especially when it's international.
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    I make it a point/intention to send hand-written
    thank-you notes for everything I receive.
    Gratitude at it's finest....:)

I have been accused of being addicted to
    stationary, hahaha. It's all in the
    details though, and I go all out.
    Gold pen, matching seals, and everything.
    I'm crafty, so I can make my own too.
    I even pick the stamps at the post office to match
    the theme I'm going with.
    I love the creative process, the writing of
    my gratitude, and lastly, the reaction from
    the person. It's so rare to get anything in the
    mail besides bills....so people beam with happiness,
    surprise, and gratitude at my gratitude.

I love sending snail mail. :)
    lobstertrendybuddha