Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

My personal path to Buddhism

comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
edited June 2005 in Buddhism Basics
I just thought I would share my personal story. About 5 years ago I started training under a Grandmaster who grew upin a Shaolin temple. He was from America but grew up in China. He was raised a Buddhist monk. He also seemed to throw away his ideals when he moved back to the States and his mother taught him about Jesus. He seemed to have a wisdom about him but he also had a level of violence in him also. I never felt afraid of him. I respect him and he was my teacher. Anyway he got me into Buddhism. I didn't really learn about it until recently when I started finding info on the net about it. I have been learning so much lately I can't process it all. LOL. I found this forum tonight and I am thankful for it's existence. I don't know any Buddhists here in town except one and he and I don't see eye to eye on things plus he doesn't work with me anymore and we are both very busy. I do have to work with this moman guy who thinks we pray to Buddha and we are totally wrong because we don't believe in Jesus.

Comments

• edited June 2005
    I'm glad you've found us.
    Feel free to ask any questions you may have.
    Everyone here is welcoming and open so don't worry about being open yourself.
    It is good to walk next to you on the path.

Peace,

Dave
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited June 2005
    Thanks again. I know I have a way to go but I am only 28 and I figure I have plenty of time to work on it.

Jason
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2005
    Only 28! Ooooooh, he's just a wee babe!!
    Welcome again, and never forget, even if we disagree on things, we never lose sight of the fact that we're all walking in the same direction, on the same path, and no matter how old or young we are, we're all learning from one another and we're all interdependent. Everyone shares with everyone else. And we enjoy the trip together! ;) :rockon:
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited June 2005
    Welcome to our site :)
  • edited June 2005
    Jason,

Welcome to the site. There are some great people here that can answer questions! As for being only 28, I am 48 and a beginner at Buddhism. Like Federica said, we all learn from each other and age doesn't matter. There are people here that are in their 20's that have taught me a lot of different things. That is a good thing, too. Again, welcome and I look forward to getting to know you.

Adiana
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited June 2005
    Thank you everyone. After reading all of this last night I had alittle trouble sleeping because I was absorbing all of this information.