Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Yodamama

buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
edited August 2006 in Sanghas
Where's Yoda?

-bf

Comments

• edited August 2006
    Here i am! I just spent the last few minutes sending you and fede a pm. :) I was on vacation with my mom and daughter for the past 10 days, but I am back now. I missed you guys! Especially you, bf. :)
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited August 2006
    See? She missed me!

Attasattashammalammadingdong was right! Trolling for chicks on newbuddhist.com is fun!

-bf
  • edited August 2006
    LOL! I am glad I was not here for that ding-dong and all of his crazy posts.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited August 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    See? She missed me!

Attasattashammalammadingdong was right! Trolling for chicks on newbuddhist.com is fun!

-bf

Hopefully next time she'll aim better...

Palzang
    edited August 2006
    Palzang wrote:

Hopefully next time she'll aim better...

Palzang

:D

-bf
  • edited August 2006
    I'll wear my glasses next time, Palzang. That way, I definitely won't miss him.
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited August 2006
    LOL... Hey this reminds me, whatever happened to our Gents' and Ladies' Thread huh?
    edited August 2006
    I didn't know there was a Gents and Ladies thread.

I know there was the Buddha Broads thread (or something like that) but that was it.

Again... I'm trolling for sexual favors by being off-topic.

-bf
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Oh yeah so you think so handsome? Hey, get in line! They all want ME!!! :p
    edited August 2006
    No... actually I don't think I'm handsome.

But attaschmattashammalammadingdong thought I used this board to troll for men and women. So... I'm just keeping up the pretense :)

-bf
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2006
    If I remember rightly, Ajani, there was - and still is - a 'Buddha-Babes Chit-Chat corner', where men were always welcome to participate, even though we ladies often had discussions of a highly embarassing personal nature (you know, periods, PMS, HRT, Menopause, fluffy slippers, kittens, sewing, why men never grow up....that kind of thing....) and the gentlemen then decided to "retaliate" by opening up a club here in which, conversely, we ladies seemed less than welcome, unless we appeared wiling to strip, lap-dance or be treated like insignificant sexual objects.:hair: :angry:

Not that I'm bitter, of course.....:D
    edited August 2006
    federica wrote:
    ... we ladies seemed less than welcome, unless we appeared wiling to strip, lap-dance or be treated like insignificant sexual objects.:hair: :angry:

Not that I'm bitter, of course.....:D

I'm sorry... what is the problem exactly?

-bf
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited August 2006
    why men never grow up....that kind of thing....

A deeply sexist, separatist thread it was, too! :)
  • edited August 2006
    At least we let you men into our discussion without asking you to take off your pants!
    edited August 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    At least we let you men into our discussion without asking you to take off your pants!

It is the notion of "letting" rather than the nakedness that is significant!
  • edited August 2006
    LOL
  • edited August 2006
    I suppose that is a good point, Simon!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2006
    Rather like the quotation from a Catholic Nun, on her 'tolerance' of one of her pupils' Anglicanism....

"We are more than prepared to let you worship God in your way... We Roman Catholics just prefer to worship Him in His."
    edited August 2006
    federica wrote:
    Rather like the quotation from a Catholic Nun, on her 'tolerance' of one of her pupils' Anglicanism....

"We are more than prepared to let you worship God in your way... We Roman Catholics just prefer to worship Him in His."

I saw Cardinal Heenan interviewed, back in the '60s, and I could swear I heard him say, when asked about Church unity (a hot topic in those days): "Of course Church unity can be achieved................ By total and absolute submission to the See of Rome!" But maybe I just dreamed it.
    edited August 2006
    Since I'm not Catholic, maybe some of you could shed some light on something for me...

I once heard a joke that goes:

Question: What meat can a Catholic priest eat on Fridays?
    Answer: None.

I never got that.

-bf
    edited August 2006
    I saw Cardinal Heenan interviewed, back in the '60s, and I could swear I heard him say, when asked about Church unity (a hot topic in those days): "Of course Church unity can be achieved................ By total and absolute submission to the See of Rome!" But maybe I just dreamed it.

...Yes, maybe you did....but then again....!!

I don't get the joke either, BF. I bet it's lascivious, though.... :crazy:
  • edited August 2006
    I don't get that joke either, BF. All I know is that Catholics are not allowed to eat meat on Fridays, but could eat fish. How is that different???!!!!
    edited August 2006
    Actually, once again (believe it or not) I was being facetious.

The punchline isn't "None"...

It's "Nun".

:D

-bf
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited August 2006
    I got it, bf. In fact, the first time I heard it I laughed so hard I kicked the slats off my crib!

Palzang
    edited August 2006
    Palzang wrote:
    I got it, bf. In fact, the first time I heard it I laughed so hard I kicked the slats off my crib!

Palzang

You're so jaded, I knew you'd have no problem knowing what the joke was. In fact, you probably wrote it. :D

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2006
    LMAO..."kicked the slats off my crib"...LOL!!!...that's good! ..."so jaded"..."probably wrote it"...LOL!...can barely breathe!...LOL...LOL...stomach hurts!!....
  • edited August 2006
    To funny........LOL
  • edited August 2006
    Yeah, that IS funny! Man! I have all sorts of visual images careening through my brain right now! HEHEHEHE! ROFLMAO!

Adiana