Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

dhammapada

I would like to ask if anyone knows where i can purchase (prefrably online) a full or the most extensive version of the dhammapada.

Many thanks fellow buddhist homies

Comments

• BhanteLuckyBhanteLucky Alternative lifestyle person in the South Island of New Zealand New Zealand Veteran
    edited March 2013
    Do you want a paper one or an e-version?
    There are lots of free e-books of it.
    Acharya Buddharakkhita's translation, said by some to be the best.

If you want a free paper book (you pay the postage), then you can find a lot of different places offering it here. Some publishers charge commercial rates for it ($20 or so) but there are many places offering it for free, or for what it cost them to print it... about $4 or so.
    The Dhammapada is pretty cool. Readable, quotable, and to the point.
  • BonsaiDougBonsaiDoug Simply, on the path. Veteran
    Here's one of the most interesting I've found. On the following webpage, download "Treasury of Truth - Dhammapada." It not only contains the verses in both English and Pali, but also provides the Suttas from which they are derived: http://www.buddhadhammasangha.com/secondlevelsite/thirdlevelsite/ebooklibrary/textandteachingstheravadin.htm
  • GlowGlow Veteran
    I like Gil Fronsdal's translation a lot. It strikes a good balance between accuracy and simplicity/poetry.
    riverflow