Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Protons to cure cancer

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=/#/watch?v=uhc2HUes4H8
Video by cbnOnline of protons being used to treat cancer/tumors.

Anyone know if pumping the body full of protons could have any Ill effects? To me it seems better than using radiation I'm no modern day biologist though.

Comments

• All chemicals have protons.

For example water has two hydrogen atoms and an oxygen atom. The hydrogen atoms are like mickey mouse 'ears' to the oxygen atom as the face.

A hydrogen atom is a proton with an electron.

A proton is a hydrogen atom with just the proton and no electrons.

Acids donate a proton to a base in an acid base reaction. For example hydrochloric acid is H Cl (Cl is chloride and H is the proton). When H Cl reacts with water it forms Cl= (minus charge because it is missing it's proton) and H3O+ H3O+ is water H2O with a proton added to it.

Ok now that you know that a proton is just an acid I think we can understand that curing cancer is not as simple as adding an acid. Otherwise vinegar would cure cancer.
  • BhanteLuckyBhanteLucky Alternative lifestyle person in the South Island of New Zealand New Zealand Veteran
    edited March 2013
    blu3ree said:

Anyone know if pumping the body full of protons could have any Ill effects? To me it seems better than using radiation I'm no modern day biologist though.

The body is not pumped full of protons.
    A proton beam is beamed out of an enormous particle accelerator, and it kills the tumour...with radiation.
    It's radiation therapy, just like the usual kind you know about, but using a proton beam delivers the radiation on target tighter and better.