Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A simple homage for our Canadians...

questZENerquestZENer Veteran
edited August 2006 in Buddhism Today
My dear Canadian members:

As some of you may remember, my partner and I have recently relocated from one urbain center to another within the great state of California. As I was moving out, I ran across this rather odd piece of Canadiana--playing cards.

These playing cards were the next-to-last thing to be removed from my flat. Somehow, they made it through all the purging, trashing, packing, moving frenzy. I couldn't help make this a moment for reflection on the unappreciated things that get left behind. Being left behind is, for me, a metaphor for "not being able to go back". We can never go back. The frozen moment recorded here struck me as significant and worthy of noting visually.

I'd like to dedicate this mundane vignette to Brigid, Colleen, and all the other Canadians among us.

Peace,

Comments

• BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Thank you, Quest, I'm terribly moved and extremely touched by this thought. I'm actually a little choked up...

Anyone want to play Euker?
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited August 2006
    ::

Hey, thanks a lot, eh? *BELCH*

mckenzie.jpg
  • questZENerquestZENer Veteran
    edited August 2006
    takeoffyouhoser...such the brilliant adaptation of Shakespeare! Thanks for making me smile...
  • edited August 2006
    ahh quest!
    thats awesome...
    sure brigid.. deal em out
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Magwang wrote:
    ::

Hey, thanks a lot, eh? *BELCH*

mckenzie.jpg
    lmao :crazy:
    Where's the hockey?
    :canflag:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2006
    colleen wrote:
    ahh quest!
    thats awesome...
    sure brigid.. deal em out

You play? AWESOME!! We just need a third and a fourth...

Look at those stubbies in the picture! Ahhh, them's were the days, eh?

Hey Magwang,

"Great White North" is the only song I ever liked with Geddy Lee singing. I still love that song...