Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How I Became a Buddhist by Kusala Bhikshu and more...

NMADDPNMADDP SUN Diego, California Veteran
edited March 2013 in Arts & Writings
Kusala Bhikshu is an American monk that was trained under multiple traditions of Buddhism in Los Angeles, U.S.

How I Became a Buddhist
I bought a book by Houston Smith, called "The Religion's of Man," now called "The World's Religions," and read the whole thing. When I read the chapter on Buddhism, it made perfect sense. I knew nothing about Buddhism, but everything I read seemed to be true. I didn't know how or why it was true, but it was.
Buddhism had many of the answers I was looking for, but it also created many new questions. I got another book, the phone book, and found the International Buddhist Meditation Center. ...

Very common sense guy.

Other articles from him that he explained about Heavens, Hells, Enlightenment, Nirvana, etc..
Do Buddhists Go to Heaven

Do Buddhists Believe in God

The Problem with Sex in Buddhism

Buddhist Enlightenment vs Nirvana

A Buddhist Approach to Health Care

YouTube Why I became a Buddhist

Enjoy and learn ....
Invincible_summer

Comments

• Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    That very same Huston Smith book is part of the reason why I chose Buddhism as my spiritual tradition as well!