Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

"Inner Worlds, Outer Worlds" (One of my Favorite Documentaries)

DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
Hoteizombiegirl

Comments

• misecmisc1misecmisc1 I am a Hindu India Veteran
    @LeonBasin: thanks for sharing this video.
  • All worlds are within (the six senses). Anything beyond can never be known - they lie beyond range.

".. I tell you that there is no making an end of suffering & stress without reaching the end of the cosmos. Yet it is just within this fathom-long body, with its perception & intellect, that I declare that there is the cosmos, the origination of the cosmos, the cessation of the cosmos, and the path of practice leading to the cessation of the cosmos."

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/an/an04/an04.045.than.html
    blu3ree
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran

You are welcome! You enjoyed it?
    pegembara said:

All worlds are within (the six senses). Anything beyond can never be known - they lie beyond range.

".. I tell you that there is no making an end of suffering & stress without reaching the end of the cosmos. Yet it is just within this fathom-long body, with its perception & intellect, that I declare that there is the cosmos, the origination of the cosmos, the cessation of the cosmos, and the path of practice leading to the cessation of the cosmos."

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/an/an04/an04.045.than.html

Thank you! They have a few things on Buddhism and Taoism. I highly suggest you watch it!
  • misecmisc1misecmisc1 I am a Hindu India Veteran
    edited April 2013
    LeonBasin said:

yes, i enjoyed it. good to know about this vibration thing in other religions too.

since i am a Hindu, so as far as Hinduism is concerned, what i have read is that as per Hinduism, initially there was just shunyata and Shiva. the Shiva, which is depicted as a God with snake around his neck and sitting in meditation posture, is not the actual Shiva. Actual Shiva is the Universal Consciousness. Then Shiva tried to manifest itself - don't know why - but scriptures say that Shiva manifested itself as AUM sound and this sound is permeated in the entire universe. Interestingly, quantum physics string M theory states that the lowest indivisible thing in an atom is string - which is just a vibration - so it seems that all the universe is in a way permeated with this vibration. Moreover, the different forms like solid, liquid, gas are just different frequencies in which the atoms are vibrating - so in a way this vibration has the potential to create matter. As per Hinduism, the AUM sound manifested as matter or Prakriti or Shakti. The Universal Consciousness or Shiva distributed into individual Consciousness - giving life to matter. Our human body which is composed of the five elements is a manifestation of that matter or Prakriti or Shakti and the consciousness which is inside us is Shiva - the meeting or union of Shakti with Shiva is Self-Realization, which as per Bhagwad Geeta is the most important goal of human birth. This meeting of Shakti with Shiva occurs at the seventh chakra of Kundalini Awakening.

my thinking says that what is the actual reality can only be found by going inside us.
    DaltheJigsaw

LeonBasin said:

yes, i enjoyed it. good to know about this vibration thing in other religions too.

since i am a Hindu, so as far as Hinduism is concerned, what i have read is that as per Hinduism, initially there was just shunyata and Shiva. the Shiva, which is depicted as a God with snake around his neck and sitting in meditation posture, is not the actual Shiva. Actual Shiva is the Universal Consciousness. Then Shiva tried to manifest itself - don't know why - but scriptures say that Shiva manifested itself as AUM sound and this sound is permeated in the entire universe. Interestingly, quantum physics string M theory states that the lowest indivisible thing in an atom is string - which is just a vibration - so it seems that all the universe is in a way permeated with this vibration. Moreover, the different forms like solid, liquid, gas are just different frequencies in which the atoms are vibrating - so in a way this vibration has the potential to create matter. As per Hinduism, the AUM sound manifested as matter or Prakriti or Shakti. The Universal Consciousness or Shiva distributed into individual Consciousness - giving life to matter. Our human body which is composed of the five elements is a manifestation of that matter or Prakriti or Shakti and the consciousness which is inside us is Shiva - the meeting or union of Shakti with Shiva is Self-Realization, which as per Bhagwad Geeta is the most important goal of human birth. This meeting of Shakti with Shiva occurs at the seventh chakra of Kundalini Awakening.

my thinking says that what is the actual reality can only be found by going inside us.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it! And loved what you have shared here with me and others!:)
  • LeonBasin said:

Krishna and shiva are the same being. Krishna sustains and shiva comes to end what has been sustained.

DaltheJigsaw
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    Tesla! One of my heroes! Fascinating. Thanks, Leon. :)
    DaltheJigsaw
    Dakini said:

Tesla! One of my heroes! Fascinating. Thanks, Leon. :)

You are more than welcome!
    I watched this again, with my girlfriend and it was beautiful again. This time, I pulled new stuff from it. My girlfriend said, "It makes sense," "it was beautiful!"