Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Reincarnated Kids Needed For Reality Show

DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
Weird and interesting? Is there anyone that can recall their past lives? You are welcome to write and see if you can join a new reality show??

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/24/reincarnated-kids-needed-_n_2934103.html

Comments

• Oh, dear Lord. Just what we need: another so-called "reality" show that uses editing and people's stupidity to make fantasy seem real. Not to mention, let's go ahead and take advantage of children whose parents want to be on television while teaching the kids there's no difference between make-believe games and the truth.

Fortunately, a lot of these pilots never get snatched up and see air time.

I apologize for the harsh tone. Anything that tries to take advantage of children to satisfy an adult's craving for magic in life pushes my buttons.
    DaltheJigsaw
  • :wtf: :skeptic: :-/ :shake: :grumble: :banghead:

Ok, I am fine now, gotten over this crap :wave:
    blu3reeDaltheJigsawDakini
  • TakuanTakuan Veteran
    we're gonna get so many questions because of this... be prepared!
    blu3reeDaltheJigsaw
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Wait..... what - ?!

Holy mother....... :screwy:
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    LOL I was hoping it was an April Fools joke.
    DaltheJigsaw
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    I'd do it just for the hell of it. Is it dumb? yes. Is it a free trip? oh hell yes.
    ThailandTomDaltheJigsawshanyin
  • nenkohainenkohai Veteran
    edited April 2013
    I really dislike the fact its about kids having past life memories -- for no other reason that it looks and smells exploitive. Gah... I just wish they'd stop.
    DaltheJigsaw
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    If they did do this show I'd like to see them investigate and debunk some of the claims right on the show instead of prescreening all of the obvious frauds beforehand. The important thing would be to make it an actual investigation rather than a propaganda piece in favor of reincarnation. Being a TV show though ratings will ultimately determine the direction it takes and that almost certainly means sensationalism and trumped up stories.
  • person said:

If they did do this show I'd like to see them investigate and debunk some of the claims right on the show instead of prescreening all of the obvious frauds beforehand. The important thing would be to make it an actual investigation rather than a propaganda piece in favor of reincarnation. Being a TV show though ratings will ultimately determine the direction it takes and that almost certainly means sensationalism and trumped up stories.

You're talking about scripted "reality" shows. They know their audience.
  • DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
    edited April 2013
    While I personally believe in rebirth and do find some credibility in some past life cases (such as those conducted by Dr. Ian Stevenson), this seems very "stage parents trying to vicariously get their 15 minutes of fame through their kids"-y.