Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Wonderful Words...

FlorianFlorian Veteran
edited April 2013 in Arts & Writings
I was just sent this link and thought it deserved being shared. It's a great talk. Puts it all in a nutshell.

http://www.youtube (dot) com/watch?v=vOLkFxREzXg

Jeffrey

Comments

• "suffering your experiencing..."

I like it!
  • Yes! I also thought that was a great way of putting it.
  • Nothing to do, nowhere to go. Not even attain . . .
    Simples . . .
    At this rate I could be a Buddha already.

Cool.
    :clap:
    blu3ree
  • lobster said:

Nothing to do, nowhere to go. Not even attain . . .
    Simples . . .
    At this rate I could be a Buddha already.

Cool.
    :clap:

Nope lol, still trying to obtain something there Lobster, better luck next year! :lol:
    blu3reelobster
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    edited April 2013
    Florian said:

I was just sent this link and thought it deserved being shared. It's a great talk. Puts it all in a nutshell.

http://www.youtube (dot) com/watch?v=vOLkFxREzXg

Its the real thing. Its what all the teachers say who have hit the motherlode. Its what Norbu Rinpoche is saying, its what Ajahn Amaro is saying. Its what Thomas Merton was saying and what Father Thomas Keating is saying. Its what Trungpa Rinpoche said over and over.
    "We see ourselves as A Buddha sitting on a brightly lit stage dispensing wisdom..the problem is when a Buddha arises 'we' wont be there. "

Sadhu ! and thank you Florian.

NB Should anyone wonder, the teacher whose picture is in a frame to his left is Ramana Maharshi.
  • nenkohai said:

"suffering your experiencing..."

I like it!

What's that supposed to mean?
  • FlorianFlorian Veteran
    edited April 2013
    I think what he is getting at is that what you are suffering (if you are) are your experiences, and not simply the world as it is. Eg. If you are put in gaol for a crime you did not commit you might sufffer many years of indignation, deprivation, anger and so forth. Someone else may say, great, what a wonderful chance to practice all day while someone else does the cooking and shopping. The experience is utterly different, the events are the same.

Also, there is the question of whether there is anyone who suffers these experiences, or whether this suffering 'person' is just the total of those experiences and nothing more.

But take all this with a bit of scepticism. The sage in the video you can trust, while I'm a student.
    riverflow