Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

good sites for yoga stretches and positions (asanas)?

sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran
Does anyone know of any good sites that show yoga stretches and different asanas ? I will just youtube different things, but maybe there is a nice site with a good directory / index going on?

I ask because I was watching this video

on how to get into the lotus posture.. first he has you evaluate which muscle areas are tight and so I was going to look for specific videos on how to stretch certain areas.

For people new to this stuff, I have found yoga and stretching very valuable in my meditation practice. I would highly recommend dipping into yoga for anyone working on mind/body balance.

:)

Thanks in advance
Invincible_summer

Comments

• Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    I don't know how true this is, but I've heard that yoga was pretty much designed to limber you up for extended periods of meditation.

Anyways I've found the stretches on this site to be helpful: http://zenmontpellier.voila.net/eng/lotus/lotuseng.html
    sovalobster
  • sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran
    I've heard that yoga was pretty much designed to limber you up for extended periods of meditation.
    Well, that's definitely true for me. I think yoga is nice since breathing is also a central focus.

And that site is awesome! That's like, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! :D

Feel free to post any others if you come across them :)
  • Never force yourself into Padmasana or the other cross--legged positions. The knee joint is particularly susceptible to injury for a number of reason.
    excellent site from Invincible_summer . . .
    please be careful, I had a yoga teacher who had permanently damaged his knees, through premature lotussing. . .
    Yoga is so slow . . . only when you realise this does your practice understanding speed up . . . :om:
    Invincible_summer
  • sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran
    @lobster

true words.

a wise man-gone-buddha once said "it is better to travel well than to arrive" :D