Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I need a 20 on Genryu - APB!!!!

buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
edited September 2006 in Sanghas
Okay... so I was looking at myspace this morning - just to see if there is anything new out there - which there never really is and I noticed....

That ZM was gone. It got me thinking that I haven't seen him out here much lately - if at all.

Anyone know what is going on with our Zen Fren?

-bf

Comments

• edited August 2006
    Not sure where he is, but I hope someone knows.
  • questZENerquestZENer Veteran
    edited August 2006
    BF:

I noticed that most of ZMG's blog was erased or altered. I sent him an e-mail 3 weeks ago just to ask if he was OK but I haven't heard a peep from him here nor on his blog. I hope the bugger is well.

You think Brad Warner's blog is boring, too?
  • edited August 2006
    i talked to ZM not to long ago.. he is ok.. just laying low
  • edited August 2006
    and yes he is gone off the myspace.. not on mine either
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Would someone PM ZM's addy that he uses for MSN? I had it once and when all his crap started - I lost it. I think I went to his gmail addy - which didn't work.

-bf
  • edited August 2006
    I often think of Zenmonk and hope that he is well whatever he is doing.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2006
    He may not actually want to be found......

Perhaps we need to jut give him some space, but let him know, if he ever comes on here...

That we miss him and think of him and send him much love.........!!

(excuse the shouting......)
  • pineblossompineblossom Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Yes - ZM is on my mind at the moment too. Maybe we could do a collective matra thing or something ....
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2006
    That would be a nice thing to do.....but of course, the big time differences aound the globe mean that co-ordinating such a task may be difficult.

Maybe if we all decide that, On thursday 31st August, at 9:00pm our own local time, we could sit in quiet meditation for ten minutes, sending ZM whatever we wish to send him.....he'd get lots of little blasts at different times, and benefit in small reuglar doses, rather than from one single whammy.

Or am I dishing tripe out?
  • edited August 2006
    Perhaps this is a good opportunity to look at our attachments.

Thanks (I think :( ) ZM.
    edited August 2006
    Abraham wrote:
    I often think of Zenmonk and hope that he is well whatever he is doing.

Ladies and Gentlemen...

A blast from the past... Abraham!

Let's give it up for him! Big round of applause!

Good to see you back, my friend.

-bf
    edited August 2006
    federica wrote:
    That would be a nice thing to do.....but of course, the big time differences aound the globe mean that co-ordinating such a task may be difficult.

Maybe if we all decide that, On thursday 31st August, at 9:00pm our own local time, we could sit in quiet meditation for ten minutes, sending ZM whatever we wish to send him.....he'd get lots of little blasts at different times, and benefit in small reuglar doses, rather than from one single whammy.

It could be viewed as tripe...

But it also might be one of those things that help a person through a tough time. Even if ZM doesn't appreciate it (which I find hard to believe) - it would be good, mindful practice for all of us.

Unfortunately, you know me... Mr. Can't-Be-Counted-On-For-Anything, I won't be able to make it at that time :(

But send him some for me. I'll take second shift and catch him later in the evening.

-bf
  • edited August 2006
    Aug. 31st at 9pm central standard time I will be meditating for 10 minutes for Zenmonk if anyone in this time zone wants to join me.......in sending him positive energy and good thoughts.....

I think that is a great idea Fede. Little blasts of energy off and on all day.......
  • edited August 2006
    i will join you all
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited August 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    It could be viewed as tripe...

But it also might be one of those things that help a person through a tough time. Even if ZM doesn't appreciate it (which I find hard to believe) - it would be good, mindful practice for all of us.

Unfortunately, you know me... Mr. Can't-Be-Counted-On-For-Anything, I won't be able to make it at that time :(

But send him some for me. I'll take second shift and catch him later in the evening.

-bf

YO BF!

Perhaps that pussy could send him some healing thoughts? Seems to me he spends an inordinate amount of time with an "Energy Dome" on top of his furry head...

cheers.
    Xrayman
  • edited August 2006
    federica wrote:
    He may not actually want to be found......

Perhaps we need to jut give him some space, but let him know, if he ever comes on here...

That we miss him and think of him and send him much love.........!!

(excuse the shouting......)

Fed,

That sounds like a good idea. I shall do that for him. Since I live in the Eastern time zone here in the States, it will be 9pm EST for me.

Adiana:usflag:
  • edited August 2006
    federica wrote:

OOPS! Fed, I used the wrong quote in my earlier reply! LOL!

I shall be more than happy to do that for ZM. It will be 9pm EST for me here in the States.

Adiana:thumbsup: :usflag:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Deb? Hellooooo, Deb? Are you there? (what time will it be for me? ssshh, don't tell anyone...)

Never mind. I think I've already missed it, unless I'm 4 hours ahead of the Canadian Eastern time which is impossible because I'm in the Eastern Time Zone. I'll send him some groovy vibes right now and wishes that he's well.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    (Psst. BF! What's a "20" and what's "APB"?)
  • pineblossompineblossom Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Police jargon - All Points Bulletin - and I don't live in the States.

But I did do 10 mins for ZM - no idea what time in US but was about 2.30am here.

Any sightings?
    edited September 2006
    A "20", I believe, translates to:

"What is your position" or "where are you"

-bf
    edited September 2006
    Oh.

10-4.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited September 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    A "20", I believe, translates to:

"What is your position" or "where are you"

-bf

Short for "10-20" actually.

Palzang
  • edited September 2006
    I just came from Beliefnet -- it's not among my favorite haunts at all and I try to stay away from the place (I don't much care for the company or the conversation), but I know that Genryu is a regular there, and I figured I'd stop in to see what I could find. From the brief look around I took, I noticed that our good monk has been posting fairly regularly on the discussion boards -- his last visit was yesterday.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Thanks for the info on APB and "20"! I think I'm ready to join the police academy. I hope they don't require a physical....
  • edited September 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    Deb? Hellooooo, Deb? Are you there? (what time will it be for me? ssshh, don't tell anyone...)

Never mind. I think I've already missed it, unless I'm 4 hours ahead of the Canadian Eastern time which is impossible because I'm in the Eastern Time Zone. I'll send him some groovy vibes right now and wishes that he's well.

Brigid,

Were you talking to me? Or to another Deb? LOL! SHEESH! I get confused anymore about anything!

• BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Oooops! Sorry, Adiana. I was trying to work out the time differences a few weeks ago and Deb (inthedharma) cleared it up for me. But I still get mixed up. And I'm still used to you being "Adiana" so I'm the one that caused your confusion. Sorry...silly me. And I've decided that since time is completely relative it doesn't matter when I send thoughts of metta. It only matters that I do. And I do.
  • MichelleMichelle Explorer
    edited September 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    Thanks for the info on APB and "20"! I think I'm ready to join the police academy. I hope they don't require a physical....

Hi Brigid,

You can add "I'll be 7 at my 98" to your police jargon. That means you'll be eating lunch at home. LOL! That's the only one I know - but it should help you impress them at the Academy :).

Michelle
  • edited September 2006
    It's Genryu's birthday?!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Michelle wrote:
    Hi Brigid,

You can add "I'll be 7 at my 98" to your police jargon. That means you'll be eating lunch at home. LOL! That's the only one I know - but it should help you impress them at the Academy :).

Michelle

Hey, cool!! Thanks, Michelle! Pretty soon I won't be needing any letters at all to communicate. I'll just use numbers!! :buck:
  • edited September 2006
    Today is ZM's birthday I guess, it said so on the front page so HAPPY BIRTHDAY if you're out there ZM!!!!
  • edited September 2006
    Brigid,

That's okay. I use Adiana because it's my Craft name. Deborah is my real name and I think I told you that in a PM I sent you. I know you usually call me Adiana and that's fine. However, a lot of people call me Deb, like at work for instance, because they don't know my Craft name. I was not thinking! LOL! The older I get, the more I get confused! SHEESH!

Adiana
  • edited September 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    Oooops! Sorry, Adiana. I was trying to work out the time differences a few weeks ago and Deb (inthedharma) cleared it up for me. But I still get mixed up. And I'm still used to you being "Adiana" so I'm the one that caused your confusion. Sorry...silly me. And I've decided that since time is completely relative it doesn't matter when I send thoughts of metta. It only matters that I do. And I do.

That's right. Sending the thoughts of metta are always good at any time!

• MichelleMichelle Explorer
    edited September 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    Hey, cool!! Thanks, Michelle! Pretty soon I won't be needing any letters at all to communicate. I'll just use numbers!! :buck:

You are quite welcome,Brigid :).
  • edited September 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Okay... so I was looking at myspace this morning - just to see if there is anything new out there - which there never really is and I noticed....

That ZM was gone. It got me thinking that I haven't seen him out here much lately - if at all.

Anyone know what is going on with our Zen Fren?

-bf

I would email him at his ebay location......search posts by him either here or Buddhachat.org
    I believe he includes a link.