Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I can't find a List of Buddhist Teachers

I saw a very extensive and long list of Buddhist teachers, all over the world (or at least all over the US), on the net a few weeks back, I thought I bookmarked it but I can't find it anywhere. If anyone knows where I can find this list please let me know. I don't think this was a list of Sanghas exactly, it was more a list of teachers, which is what I'm looking for.

Comments

• I think you can find your local teachers (some) through access to insight website; I'm not sure exactly where.
  • I would also be interested in said list!
  • ZenshinZenshin Veteran East Midlands UK Veteran
    It wouldn't be Buddhanets directory would it?

http://www.buddhanet.info/wbd/
  • Wow, what a list.

How does one even start? I feel like I am starting at square one. I had a potential teacher in mind, but I realized he wasn't the right teacher/community for me. So I'm not sure what to do now. I don't live near anyone on that list, really. I'm not even sure what sect I want to belong to. It seems so overwhelming. I want to learn, but don't know where to start. I feel like I need a teacher to help guide me, but I don't know who to trust-- especially after spending so much time investigating the one potential teacher and then having to walk away.
  • edited April 2013
    You are right, how! Thank you! I feel better now, how... how now, brown cow.... Sorry, couldn't resist the rhyme. I'm like that all the time. :crazy:
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited April 2013
    how said:

And a student who is really ready, bumps into teachers everywhere.

Holy Howey, ain't that the truth?!?!
    nenkohai
  • Thanks everyone!