Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Been feeling Depressed, but then I recorded this "Song," it has helped! (Music is Magical)

Comments

• it has helped! (Music is Magical)
    @Music will be glad to hear it . . . ;)
    I tend to listen to ambient music, jazz and classical if anything. Music is the most mood altering art form I know of.

On my Ipod I listen to chanting. Thanks for sharing.
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    lobster said:

it has helped! (Music is Magical)
    @Music will be glad to hear it . . . ;)
    I tend to listen to ambient music, jazz and classical if anything. Music is the most mood altering art form I know of.

On my Ipod I listen to chanting. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you! My mother plays piano and is a teacher of classical piano. I tend to go with Underground Hip Hop, which is closely related to poetry/spoken word. I just tend to put a beat to it. :) Thanks for listening! Hope you enjoyed it! I'm still rough with this form.
    nenkohai
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    I like the juxtaposition of the mellow ambient music in the background. Very interesting!

I haven't tried writing my own stuff yet, but I do find that singing along while I strum my ukulele is a great stress relief. (You and I by Ingrid Michaelson is one of my favorite uke-friendly cheer up songs)
    nenkohai
  • ZeroZero Veteran
    Nice...
    "One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain"
    DaltheJigsaw
  • I tend to go with Underground Hip Hop, which is closely related to poetry/spoken word.
    Don't know much about hip hop or ukulele . . .

Maybe we can get a Dharma skiffle, jam, collaboration going?
    Starring George 'ZombieGirl' Formby on ukelele
    lyrics and rhythm by Diddy Basin
    Crusty the Lobster on pom-pom cheering . . .
    . . . maybe we can get a Zen flute sample in there?

Do not deny your Spirit
    For in Hymn is your Vajra Song
    http://silverlakestudio.com/2012/01/11/5-tools-for-online-music-collaboration/

. . . it's turned out nice again . . .
  • Nice one. Difficult to hear the words or the backing though. A better mic/mic position and a de-esser would make a vast difference. Check out parallel compression for a stronger vocal sound.

Ukelele rap? Sounds like the next big thing.
    lobster
    Thanks everyone!:) I'm going to work on Dharma Hip-Hop!:)
  • It is important to have a creative outlet. I find that depression can be utilized for making music and through the creative process the depression is transformed into something gentler.
    lobsterDaltheJigsawnenkohai

It is important to have a creative outlet. I find that depression can be utilized for making music and through the creative process the depression is transformed into something gentler.

Totally agree! Thank you! I got a pre-professional microphone and a filter. So I will be doing more recording!!:)
    Zero
  • when I feel down, I listen to walking away by craig david really helps me
    DaltheJigsaw
    Serena said:

when I feel down, I listen to walking away by craig david really helps me

That is one great song!!! I don't know what happened to him! He does not perform here in the States.
    Serena