Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

It was an interesting day, not sure, but I feel kinda weird now, but before I felt...good?

DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
edited April 2013 in General Banter
imgur.com/4nIJw65
Not sure where this feeling came from, but driving home from work...I just feel empty? Not sure what to feel? Not worried about age, I like that I'm aging, but it more has to do with my emotions?? They seem unstable at times. I'm very sensitive...I'm wondering if there is a way to control my emotions?

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran
    Leon, your meditation may be blossoming into something that happens when you have little to do. That can happen to me also, sometimes, but usually I am trying to sleep and cannot.
    DaltheJigsaw
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran

Leon, your meditation may be blossoming into something that happens when you have little to do. That can happen to me also, sometimes, but usually I am trying to sleep and cannot.

Thank you! I have to just keep treading water. I will get on shore soon enough! Thanks for the reminder!!
  • SabreSabre Veteran
    edited April 2013
    Just feel weird. There is nothing wrong with it. :)
    Embrace it and don't try to change it. It'll be gone soon if you do. It's usually struggling with - or not wanting a certain state of mind that makes it stay.
    lobsterDaltheJigsawnenkohai
  • SabreSabre Veteran
    Congratulations by the way!
  • ZeroZero Veteran
    LeonBasin said:

Not sure where this feeling came from, but driving home from work...I just feel empty?

Not sure what to feel? Not worried about age, I like that I'm aging, but it more has to do with my emotions?? They seem unstable at times. I'm very sensitive...I'm wondering if there is a way to control my emotions?

Happy birthday!!
    Feeling empty as opposed to feeling full?
    Not sure emotions may be controlled as such.
    Rather 'control' the response to the emotions which in turn feeds back into the source of the emotion itself.
    Not sure what to feel? Just feel what it is that you feel...
  • BonsaiDougBonsaiDoug Simply, on the path. Veteran
    A belated Happy Natal Day!

A belated Happy Natal Day!

Thank you!!
    Sabre said:

Congratulations by the way!

Thank you!
    Zero said:

LeonBasin said:

Not sure where this feeling came from, but driving home from work...I just feel empty?

Not sure what to feel? Not worried about age, I like that I'm aging, but it more has to do with my emotions?? They seem unstable at times. I'm very sensitive...I'm wondering if there is a way to control my emotions?

Happy birthday!!
    Feeling empty as opposed to feeling full?
    Not sure emotions may be controlled as such.
    Rather 'control' the response to the emotions which in turn feeds back into the source of the emotion itself.
    Not sure what to feel? Just feel what it is that you feel...
    Interesting! Thank you! I guess I'm trying to control to much? All at the same time?
    Sabre said:

Just feel weird. There is nothing wrong with it. :)
    Embrace it and don't try to change it. It'll be gone soon if you do. It's usually struggling with - or not wanting a certain state of mind that makes it stay.

You right! I feel better today! Interesting. Thank you!
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    "Empty"? How's the job search coming?
    Dakini said:

"Empty"? How's the job search coming?

I'm working? I thought I told you? It has been almost 2 months. I work for Netapp, as a "Central Operations Analysis."
  • LeonBasin said:

imgur.com/4nIJw65
    Not sure where this feeling came from, but driving home from work...I just feel empty? Not sure what to feel? Not worried about age, I like that I'm aging, but it more has to do with my emotions?? They seem unstable at times. I'm very sensitive...I'm wondering if there is a way to control my emotions?

Life indeed is empty. Most of the time you won't be feeling the emptiness because you are busy filling it up with meaningful things.
    footiam said:

LeonBasin said:

imgur.com/4nIJw65

Life indeed is empty. Most of the time you won't be feeling the emptiness because you are busy filling it up with meaningful things.
    Yea, I hope to continue doing it on a mindful level, as I'm noticing the chatter, which is only hurting me.