Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A little questionnaire

Getting to "know" some of you guys a bit more this past week I find it really awesome how much some of us have in common aside from buddhism in general. If your interested please join me on this little questionnaire I came up with.

Ill start.

fav color: black
fav song: "oceans" by pearl jam
fav sutta/sutra: the fire sermon Ādittapariyāya Sutta
fav word: Buddha :)
word that makes you cringe: group (hate how it sounds for some reason)
one thing you wish you had: a partner who's also buddhist
one thing you wish you did not have: ignorance
what makes you the happiest: moments of letting go of "self"
be brave, something embarrassing about you: Im in touch with my feminine side..spend a lot of time on my hair LOL (its pretty long)
say something positive about yourself: Im a kind person

Thats it i don't want to make this book lengthy. Hope you will share too.

_/\_ *Bow*

Comments

• TheEccentricTheEccentric Hampshire, UK Veteran
    kashi said:

Getting to "know" some of you guys a bit more this past week I find it really awesome how much some of us have in common aside from buddhism in general. If your interested please join me on this little questionnaire I came up with.

Ill start.

fav color: Purple
    fav song: "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera
    fav sutta/sutra: Mindfulness of Death/Marnassati
    fav word: Flop
    word that makes you cringe: Dude, Ain't etc
    one thing you wish you had: Enlightenment
    one thing you wish you did not have: Suffering
    what makes you the happiest: Meditation
    be brave, something embarrassing about you: My inability to pronounce the letters R or W differently.
    Say something positive about yourself: I'm not afraid to be myself and to not conform, I am original.

kashi
  • fav color:
    Oh gee, thanks. I'm color-blind. How insensitive of you to ask-- and on your first question nonetheless. (:D I'm just kidding... maybe. :angry: )

fav song:
    Oh man, really? Just one? Ummm... that's tough. Maybe I should be all zen and just say "the sound of one hand clapping."

fav sutta/sutra:
    Uhhh... the Kama Sutra???

fav word:
    "Quinoa." Because it looks nothing like how it's pronounced.

word that makes you cringe:
    "Irregardless." It's not a proper word, people, irregardless of what you think. ... ... D'OH! :banghead:

one thing you wish you had:
    A trampoline. I've been wanting to get one for a while now.

one thing you wish you did not have:
    The desire of wanting a trampoline.

what makes you the happiest:
    That funny gas they give you in the dentist's chair.

be brave, something embarrassing about you:
    You want this list in alphabetical order, or in order of importance?...

say something positive about yourself:
    I have a good heart. (Aside from all that artery clogging cholesterol that surrounds it.)
    kashiTheEccentricInvincible_summerChe
  • Anyone else?
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran

fav color: Blue
    fav song: "Dreams" by the Cranberries
    fav sutta/sutra: I don't know very many, but the Heart Sutra is pretty cool.
    fav word: Oceanic
    word that makes you cringe: "totes"
    one thing you wish you had: normal biomechanics so I wouldn't get running injuries so often
    one thing you wish you did not have: anger
    what makes you the happiest: being able to share awesome life experiences with my girlfriend
    be brave, something embarrassing about you: I often find holes in the crotch area of my pants... I have no idea why.
    say something positive about yourself: I'm quite patient.

kashiriverflowSillyPuttyTheEccentric
  • lol @Invincible_summer maybe time to change brand of pants
    Invincible_summer
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    fav color: Sunshine yellow

fav song: Hallelujah (the Leonard Cohen song, but sung by KD Lang)

fav sutta/sutra: Haven't studied many yet, but I really like the Heart Sutra

fav word: Love

word that makes you cringe: Moist

one thing you wish you had: More frost-free time to garden

one thing you wish you did not have: I have several days each month where I have zero motivation whatsoever. I wish I could figure out why and put an end to them.

what makes you the happiest: how I feel after meditation/retreat/Sangha meeting

be brave, something embarrassing about you: I still like to color (as in with crayons/markers)

say something positive about yourself: I'm quite diligent in whatever I happen to be doing at the moment.
    riverflowSillyPutty
  • @invincible_summer- probably not as embarrassing as not finding the holes in your crotch...
    Invincible_summerriverflow
  • @Jeffrey
    I want to be serious with you just for a moment..i understand that your talking about an illnesses that not everybody shares...but according to the Buddha we are all mentally sick.
    dellusion and ignorance keeping us in samsara.
    I send mettla your way. You are a very intelligent human being and i enjoy reading your posts
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    @kashi, thanks and I agree.
  • DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
    edited May 2013
    Favorite color: As generic as it is, Blue.
    Favorite song: I don't really have one, but I'm really into Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Ray right now. I also love The Killers and Krishna Das.
    Favorite sutta/sutra: Again, don't really have one.
    Favorite word: Orthodox. No idea as I'm not orthodox in any way.
    Word that makes you cringe: Anti-theist.
    One thing you wish you had: A more well adjusted family.
    One thing you wish you did not have: Autism. Sometimes, despite what some may say, it does get in the way at times.
    What makes you the happiest: Having a nice, relaxing day with no worries.
    Be brave, something embarrassing about you: I still love my Disney films. Say something positive about yourself: I try to be objective in various circumstances.
    riverflow