Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Natural Soundtrack For Meditation

Can anybody recommend a good source for sounds from nature recordings? Waves, thunder, waterfalls, birdsong etc.

Whenever I try them from shops they tend to have cheesy 'music' over them, even when I think I've played a sample I get a little bit further and then it starts. For this reason I'm reluctant to buy them from Amazon as I can't really try them.

I have noisy neighbours and I'm not going to be trying to drown them out but just try a little distraction to help me focus.

Comments

• SillyPuttySillyPutty Veteran
    edited May 2013
    I like this youtube channel, actually:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RelaxingWhiteNoise/videos?view=0&flow=grid

You could always download the video into an mp3 format and listen to it offline later if you like what they have to offer.

Sympathies for the noisy neighbor situation. I remember in undergrad school my roommate and I had some very loud dormmates. My roomie, being the more diabolical and aggressive one, asked them numerous times to please keep it down a bit because they were really way too loud. After her pleas were ignored, she finally got fed up one day to the point that she plotted a master plan. She put in 2 CD's into her stereo. The first was a Kathy Lee Gifford CD, and the second was a Billy Ray Cyrus CD. She put the volume up to the max and she'd grab my hand and we'd leave the dorm for a couple of hours. She did this a couple more times until they got the hint. Couldn't hear them even with a stethoscope held up to the wall after that. :D
  • Not really what your asking but voices are natural...dont let the mortal kombat symbol throw you off..this is actually very calming
  • @SillyPutty
    now we have 4 things in common,
    ~buddhism
    ~80s music
    ~ideas about love
    ~white noise (I listen to the 10 hour celestial one for the past year now)
    SillyPutty
  • FairyFellerFairyFeller Veteran
    edited May 2013
    kashi said:

@SillyPutty
    now we have 4 things in common,
    ~buddhism
    ~80s music
    ~ideas about love
    ~white noise (I listen to the 10 hour celestial one for the past year now)

That makes three if us then :)

SillyPutty
  • Dumb question here im sorry...what are emoticons?
  • kashi said:

Dumb question here im sorry...what are emoticons?

While you're posting a comment/reply, look in the upper right hand corner of the box. There is a smiley face with a lil' downward pointing triangle. Click on it and then-- tah-dah-- all these smiley face emoticons should pop up. (Emoticons is just a fancy word for a bunch of keyboard characters that represent an emotion, like a colon plus a parentheses would be a smiley face... i.e., : + ) = :)

• :)
    kashi said:

Dumb question here im sorry...what are emoticons?

:om:

• While you're posting a comment/reply, look in the upper right hand corner of the box. There is a smiley face with a lil' downward pointing triangle. Click on it and then-- tah-dah-- all these smiley face emoticons should pop up. (Emoticons is just a fancy word for a bunch of keyboard characters that represent an emotion, like a colon plus a parentheses would be a smiley face... i.e., : + ) = :)

I hadn't noticed that way, I was learning them by typing them, silly me.
  • lol...i never knew what they were called. I have to say that one is pretty cool though
  • :coffee:
    ah yes...somehow this has escaped me all this time. This one fits me well with all the coffee i drink.