Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Cover of U2's "One"

Not so happy with this, but I haven't played guitar so much lately so "I GOT BLISTAS ON MAH FINGAHS!!!"

[LINK]
SillyPuttyInvincible_summerJeffreyNevermind

Comments

• :clap: :clap: :bowdown:

That was AWESOMENESS PERSONIFIED!!!

You know, being an 80's music lover, I tend to dislike 90's songs just out of spite. :lol: To be honest I didn't like that song growing up because it was constantly played on the radio. However... After listening to your guitar and vocals? I fell in love with that song like it was a brand new piece of music. You don't just sing and play the guitar-- you emote pure energy and feeling!! Great job, @riverflow. It was a very moving performance and you are quite talented. I hope you continue to do more videos like this and share your gifts with the world. :)
    riverflow
  • Thank you! I grew up a U2 fan, and that's always been one of my favourites.

I love 80s music, but the peak for me is 1980-83 (mostly British new wave stuff).
    SillyPutty
  • riverflow said:

Thank you! I grew up a U2 fan, and that's always been one of my favourites.

Do you do requests? :wave: Cuz I'd love something done from The Joshua Tree album, please. :D
    riverflow
  • riverflowriverflow Veteran
    edited May 2013
    I can already do "With or Without You" (haven't sung it in a long time though), "One Tree Hill" and I have a SLOW arrangement of "Where the Streets Have No Name" (imagine Neil Young doing U2 and you get the idea haha -- I turn it into a really sad song!). I used to do a lot of U2 covers...

-------

And, not to toot my own horn, but: toot!

This is album my girlfriend and I made together:
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/jokertunes

And this is my weird ambient electronic stuff (though I sampled my girlfriend on one of the tracks-- I chopped her up into little bits and pieces and remixed her voice):
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/murmur

They're available for download on Amazon and iTunes and probably other sites too. I don't do much music anymore because its too much hard work and I hate the marketing side of things.
    SillyPutty
  • SillyPuttySillyPutty Veteran
    edited May 2013
    OMG!!! You and your girlfriend are so talented! I didnt know you had such a professional background in music. (See? I know talent when I hear it! :lol: )

I listened to the sample tracks for both CDs-- great stuff! Tomorrow when I'm on my computer (on my phone now) I'm going to seek you guys out on iTunes.
    riverflow
  • Cool! I hope you like it. If it sounds professional its because I am a real fascist in the studio. I don't really play well with others because I get very ATTACHED to certain ways I want things.

My GF wrote most of the words and many of the melodies, while I supplied the chords (I'm teaching her piano online) and the arrangements.

Here's the first track, "Drinking Sand":

[LINK]

And (though this may not be your cup of tea): this is one of my Eno-esque ambient tracks from Amniosis, "Riverflow":

[LINK]
    SillyPuttyswaydam
  • NevermindNevermind Bitter & Hateful Veteran
    Nice Riv! all ya need is some funky shades. :p
  • I just got "Bookworm Girl" and "Amniotic Hum." I'm totally lovin' and listening to BG right now-- it's totally my kind of sound. I would have bought both albums but didn't have enough money on my iTunes gift card... but I shall be back when I replenish! Great stuff, @riverflow!