Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Child Abuse Leaves Distinct Gene Activity Patterns!! (Why I am against hitting or striking a child!)

DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
I absolutely agree with this. Glad there is some kind of study/research going on. I'm totally against abuse of children or anyone for that matter.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/259998.php?utm_source=feedly
personriverflow

Comments

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    That's really interesting. I've read a lot of studies recently about similar things (not about abuse, but just in general about how our cells and our DNA are affected by things we do) Fascinating. It's why I tend to believe, that even though Buddha may not have intended it that way, it makes the most sense that alcoholic drinks and drugs are not the only "intoxicating" substances. Indeed many other things can change us at a cellular level. It can be sex, abuse, being yelled at a lot, what we eat, what we drink, what we watch on tv and what we listen to. I think some people are more likely to see drastic changes than others, since obviously not everyone is affected the same way. Thank goodness for meditation where we can reverse some of that and make positive cellular changes. More and more reason to meditate.
    DaltheJigsawriverflow
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    karasti said:

That's really interesting. I've read a lot of studies recently about similar things (not about abuse, but just in general about how our cells and our DNA are affected by things we do) Fascinating. It's why I tend to believe, that even though Buddha may not have intended it that way, it makes the most sense that alcoholic drinks and drugs are not the only "intoxicating" substances. Indeed many other things can change us at a cellular level. It can be sex, abuse, being yelled at a lot, what we eat, what we drink, what we watch on tv and what we listen to. I think some people are more likely to see drastic changes than others, since obviously not everyone is affected the same way. Thank goodness for meditation where we can reverse some of that and make positive cellular changes. More and more reason to meditate.

That was beautiful! Thank you! You are absolutely right on so many levels, and it is great, as it was a reminder to myself! I appreciate that!