Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

celebrating your achievements without showing off?

How do you express your good qualities and achievements, without boasting/showing off?

Thanks

Grace

Comments

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    With Grace, with humility, with humour
    . . . . and preferably long lists . . .

Just express, give away, be abundant . . .
    Easy.

Did I mention I am very near to being a Buddha lately?
    ;)
  • Let's pretend I posted what zero said
    graceleeInvincible_summer
  • BeejBeej Human Being Veteran
    Do NOT do what soccer/football players do when they score a goooooooooooooaaaaaaaaall!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats too much. :)
    graceleekashiVastmind
  • nenkohainenkohai Veteran
    You know what? This is a problem for me. So, I say nothing. Then, I get told by my supe at work that I fly under the radar too much. Then, I take an online class on how to ethically promote myself... and a key take away point was that "you must be willing to navigate corporate culture" to promote yourself when they defined "corporate culture" earlier as "office politics."

And I'm left cold. When did "office politics" become something desirable?

I still don't understand and can't reconcile "promoting myself" under that definition of "corporate culture."

Its frustrating.

Jeffrey
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    You can promote yourself and take credit for the things you do without bragging and without posting your achievements on a bulletin board with stickers on it. Get involved in projects and teams that are high profile so that your name is then attached to the outcomes of those teams and projects. That is what gets the attention of the higher ups. My husband is the most fly under the radar person ever. But he has the attention of the state commissioner (and he doesn't even work in the same city or office as the higher ups) because he does really good, solid, efficient work and is involved in high profile teams with visibility within the department he works for.
  • footiamfootiam Veteran
    gracelee said:

How do you express your good qualities and achievements, without boasting/showing off?

Thanks

Grace

You don't express your good qualities or achievements. They just ooze out on their own.
    poptartlobsterkarmablues
  • poptartpoptart Veteran
    "Empty vessels make most noise."
    Don't tell how great you are.
    Show it.
    karmablues
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    "Empty vessels make most noise."
    You realise this can also mean the opposite of what you intended?
    . . . must be time to party, empty vehicles and beginners welcome . . . :clap: