Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Comments

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    The fish were delicious. Yum! :clap:
  • CinorjerCinorjer Veteran
    Thanks for the link to that wonderful translation.

The Hsin-hsin Ming is one of the earliest writings passed down from what was at the time a brand new school of Buddhism called Chan, or "Mind Only" teaching.
    Wisdom23
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    On my "like" bulletin board are both the Hsin-Hsin Ming and the apparently bogus CUCUMBER SAGE.
    BeejlobsterWisdom23Vastmind
  • BeejBeej Human Being Veteran
    @genkaku- that was AWESOME! Bogus or not, it was thoroughly entertaining!!! You guys should read this!!!! ^^^^^^^above^^^^^^^
    Vastmind
  • misecmisc1misecmisc1 I am a Hindu India Veteran
    @Wisdom23: thanks for sharing the above link.
    Wisdom23
  • seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran
    "Don’t waste time in arguments and discussion"

I don't know if everyone is going to like that! :lol:
    Vastmind
  • Wisdom23Wisdom23 Veteran
    genkaku said:

On my "like" bulletin board are both the Hsin-Hsin Ming and the apparently bogus CUCUMBER SAGE.

That made for lovely lunch half hour reading lol whether fact or fiction there is much we can learn from this story or at the very least enjoy reading.
    Vastmind
    I had only heard a small snippit of the Cucumber Sage before. I very much loved and laughed at the entire story. Who says inspired sutras are no longer capable of being written?
    Vastmind
  • Cucumber Sage is a nice story.
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    Thanks for the pickle :)
    More pickling here:
    http://www.treeleaf.org/
    Cinorjer
    lobster said:

Thanks for the pickle :)
    More pickling here:
    http://www.treeleaf.org/

Hey, that Treeleaf link is great! I bookmarked it so I can go back and spend some time checking that online sangha out.