Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Summer album!

What are your summer albums?

Mine are:

Ani DiFranco - So Much Shouting/So Much Laughter and Living in Clip
riverflowBeej

Comments

• cptshrkcptshrk Explorer
    The new Daft Punk is definitely going to be my summer jam !
    Invincible_summersova
  • NeleNele Veteran
    All the old Cat Stevens...which is why I am on this site, actually :-)
    riverflow
  • sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran
    alt-j "an awesome wave" has been my constant companion for many moons. also very enjoyable is "enter the wu-tang" by the Wu-Tang Clan.
    Beej
  • BeejBeej Human Being Veteran
    The Decemberists are summer music, contrary to their name. :)
    zombiegirlMorningView
  • riverflowriverflow Veteran
    edited May 2013
    Nele said:

@Nele - I've been listening to quite a lot of him lately too.

I've really been more in an early 70's Cat Stevens - Sandy Denny - Nick Drake - Moody Blues zone lately.

But I'm especially into all things Sandy Denny, whether solo, with Fairport Convention or the short lived Fotheringay. Her voice is simply beautiful (most people, if they have ever heard her at all, she sang with Robert Plant on Led Zeppelin's "The Battle of Evermore").

As far as Fotheringay's one release from 1971, every track is perfect. I can't tell you how many times I've listened to it already since I finally found it.
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    Every Monday, Apple in their benevolence, give away a free song on the Ipad. So that is when I listen to contemporary music and now have an album or twos worth.

I love music but don't listen to much. Strange.
    In many ways I try to listen to music that I have not learned to appreciate. I managed this with Reggae, Opera and Bob Dylan. Ambient is my favourite style. World music now covers so much new to explore . . .

When you listen to music rarely, it is so vibrant . . . it sings like the sun . . .
    :wave:
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    M.I.A.'s Arular album reminds me of a great summer (2005). Ironically, my favorite song (below) sounds very happy but she's actually talking about the violence and terrorism in Sri Lanka. It makes it kind of emotional for me.

Semi-9 and snipered him
    On that wall they posted him
    They cornered him
    And then just murdered him

He told them he didn't know them
    He wasn't there they didn't know him
    They show'd him a picture then
    Ain't that you with the Muslims
  • NeleNele Veteran
    riverflow said:

Nele said:

@Nele - I've been listening to quite a lot of him lately too.

I've really been more in an early 70's Cat Stevens - Sandy Denny - Nick Drake - Moody Blues zone lately.

But I'm especially into all things Sandy Denny, whether solo, with Fairport Convention or the short lived Fotheringay. Her voice is simply beautiful (most people, if they have ever heard her at all, she sang with Robert Plant on Led Zeppelin's "The Battle of Evermore").

As far as Fotheringay's one release from 1971, every track is perfect. I can't tell you how many times I've listened to it already since I finally found it.
    Riverflow, funny you mention Fairport Convention - I'm a big Richard Thompson fan. I'll have to check out Fotheringay. Gracias! --Nel

riverflow
  • Incubus' "Morning View" :); any Led Zeppelin album for when I'm working in the garage; The Door's first album; any Bob Marley album. Some 311 songs, not necessarily full albums. Modest Mouse's "Good News for People who Love Bad News" and "The Moon and Antarctica. Those are the main albums that come to mind for me. If it's not the music itself, it's the fact that I happened to listen to these albums at special times in my life during the summer.