Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Year of the Cicada

In most of the eastern states of America a massive amount of cicadas have been doing their thing and taking over miles and miles of trees and shrubs. Every morning I see about 100 more just on one bush outside my home. For those of you who are creeped out by bugs please know these little guys are very harmless to us human beings. They just breed and make a lot of noise. Please practice right livelihood and don't kill them! thank you.
zombiegirlnenkohaiVastmindkarmabluesZero

Comments

• The harmless cicada. Did you know they actually have 5 eyes? Yep between the two large ones are 3 tiny little ones in the form a triangle. Pretty cool.
  • jlljll Veteran
    how does such a small creature make such a loud sound?
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    I'll be the one to mention...it's the males making all that noise....hahaha
    karasti
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    That's what you've been told, anyway..... ;)
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    I actually like Cicada's. Their loud din is very nostalgic to me. When I hear it I think of the hot sun, of the smell of dust, the strain in my muscles, and the feel and smell of sweat. I used to play baseball when I was younger during the summer, so there you have it.