Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I had a Dream and I need some Feedback

comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
edited June 2005 in Buddhism Basics
Two nights ago I had a dream. I was meditating in the dream and I remember I went into a deep state. I remember seeing three symbols. One was kinf of a blueish symbol with this bird on it. The second looked like the man in th emoon and he was winking. The third I cannot remember. Any thoughts?

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2005
    Hmmmm, let me ponder this one and I'll get back to you..... :)
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited June 2005
    So I am assuming this isn't something that happens all the time or at least that people talk about. I was hoping there would be some writings on this but any help would be aprriciated.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2005
    Well now, here's the thing: there are an awful lot of people who know how to interpret dreams; that is, some make it up as they go along, with heavy symbolism ("The bird is your mother and you are the blue bit underneath.... you feel oppressed. .... woooo..." and all that stuff!) and others who genuinely feel that dreams are aspects of our unconscious surfacing through imagery and sound..... I don't fall into either category, although I tend to swing more for the latter than the former.... I used to be very interested in dreams and what they meant. I have now, after careful consideration, decided to put them to one side. By all means observe them; notice them; take in the detail - colour, images, sounds, conversations, whatever - but then, don't dwell on them. They are a distraction. MY PERSONAL belief is that the more you liberate yourself from your Egoic Self, the more your subconscious Ego tries to tie you down. The more aware we become, the more it panics, and throws whatever is necessary to make us say: "Uh, hang on enlightenment and awareness, I've just noticed something, I'll be right back....."
    I ponder my dreams. I remember them, and If they DO mean anything, I feel certain it will reveal itself in due course. If not,.... was it a good movie? That's my bit, really!
    edited June 2005
    Well usually I figure dreams are just our minds going crazy but this dream seemed very different. Almost real.
  • edited June 2005
    I personally feel that dreams do have meaning and sometimes reveal the thoughts that our awakened mind suppresses. On many occasions, not all, they express our deepest fears, desires and intentions, so I definitely think it’s relevant to analyze them to discover more about ourselves.

As far as your particular dream is concerned I'll go ahead and take a shot at it in the dark, just for the hell of it. One thing I’d like to note is that you haven't really given a sufficient amount of information, leaving out important details, like what the symbol represented and the third image altogether.

So here it goes….First off, I find it interesting that you were meditating within your dream. I think that signifies a sort of realization and makes the images you saw more valid and meaningful, unlike the normal random images we generally encounter while dreaming. As far as the actual images go, it seems to me as though you have a desire to fly away or travel somewhere distant, hence the bird. The second image of the astronaut on the moon could represent your desire to go somewhere far, the moon is a place that man has yet to inhabit. So it might just be that you wish to go to a place where you can be in seclusion (perhaps to "meditate" which would actually explain why you were meditating in your dream).

Of course that was my amatuer analysis...but see what you can make of it. And next time try to remember the entire dream. ;)
    edited June 2005
    Thanks for the input. I can't remember the third image. The moon itself had a face and was winking at me, not really a man on the moon. I was referring to the man in the moon. I don't know. I really don't like to travel, usually because I always get into a room with a really bad bed and I have a really messed up back. I have to take painkillers just to be able ot move in the morning. I don't want ot take painkillers but until I lose some weight and get into shape again I am stuck. Hopefully the weight loss will help me.
  • edited June 2005
    Now I'm going to have to seriously reconsider my life long goal of becoming a "dream doctor." ;) Oh well, at least I tried. Good luck
    edited June 2005
    Maybe instead of luck I need a miracle. LOL