Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Yin and yang

I read a book on chakra healing and liked the analysis of the different chakras, sort of traditional lore of the ages.

So with yin and yang what have you read about these two?

I think yin is the energy of negation where it has insight. And yang is the energy of affirmation and has compassion/stability. They meet in the chakras at the third eye where non-duality is realized.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    My personal notes on the study of Yin & Yang:
    JeffreyVastmindsndymorn
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    I think yin is the energy of negation where it has insight. And yang is the energy of affirmation and has compassion/stability.
    This may be similar to the nadis and the winds of Buddhist Tantrs
    http://www.tantra-kundalini.com/nadis.htm

My experience of yin and yang is from a philosophical interpret and with Taoist moving meditation (Tai Chi Chuan).
    Grounding is important and physical yoga and tai chi can ground any chakra opening meditations, which having done I really find need a director or teacher. There are too many casualties of chakra based techniques wandering around dharma centres, gibbering, jabbering and sharing their insights with the drug crazed.
    We need to be careful as I feel you are well aware. :wave:
  • FlorianFlorian Veteran
    Are not Yin and Yang the two extreme views? The two halves of every dichotomy? Two hands clapping and all that. The two faces of the mountain, as well as which there is the mountain. I see it as a general principle, like 'middle way', rather than as restricted to specific issues like 'the energy of affirmation' etc. So that wherever there is duality there is Yin and Yang. But maybe this is not an entirely orthodox interpretation. I'm not sure.
    buddhitakso