Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Without seeing

Straight ahead
In front of your eyes
Without seeing

Without connection to words or deeds
Under your feet
Without feet

To obvious to be see when a seer is looking

Without seeing

Comments

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    Words mean Nothing

Mean words Nothing more

No Seeing with 'I's'

Is seeing?
  • TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran
    Simply SEE.
    Perceive NOW.
    Unfettered from this conceptual mind
    The sun shines on my face
    My children argue with each other.
  • TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran
    Words mean everything if you ascribe them meaning.
    For others they are useful tools.
    I see what's in front of me-trees, a blue sky, my house.
    What I don't see are the concepts of trees, a blue sky or my house.
    Jeffreylobster
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    A house is made of trees. But the sky is also made of houses and trees are made of houses.

Everything must interbe.
    Theswingisyellow
    edited June 2013
    Spot on Jeffrey! :)
    But let us only see the sky made of houses, the trees made of sky, and the houses made from the sun and not the conceptual parsing and packing of things into objects out there.
    Jeffrey
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    “The fish trap exists because of the fish. Once you've gotten the fish you can forget the trap. The rabbit snare exists because of the rabbit. Once you've gotten the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words exist because of meaning. Once you've gotten the meaning, you can forget the words. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words so I can talk with him?”
    ~Chuang Tzu

^highly recommend this writer if you like the tao te ching.... He's from very long time ago
    Theswingisyellowlobster
  • betaboybetaboy Veteran
    To see without verbalizing is extremely difficult, but it must be done. J Krishnamurti speaks about it. to see without the 'me' ...
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    edited June 2013
    Comment deleted.

Toodle pip.

• It just means its all here, there and every where... Right now!!

Straight ahead without seeing = you dont need to 'see' it for it to be there, for it is always there whether you can see it or not! Its all around us, when you wake up, shower, brush teeth, make breakfast = all this, is 'it' - enlightenment - Tao - truth - reality !

"Without connection to words" = One of the problems in explaining the Tao or enlightenment is that we have to use words. Words are only symbols and dont give real understanding.

If you were blind could you understand color through just words? Can you describe music to someone using only words? Can you describe the emotion of love only using the symbols of words? Words are only effective at communicating experience if the experience is 'already' known.

"Too obvious to see when the seer is looking" = because its all just 'this' in front of you! And people dont like that or want to accept that!

Its right 'here' - what you are doing right now - thats it! ... But people really believe that its something 'magical and special' they rely on 'scriptures' (that were written by 'god knows who' - we dont know who wrote them. We only assume that the scriptures must be right, but its all just passed on words)

Enlightenment doesnt come with words! It just 'is' .... Here and now!

When you realize it, you'll laugh because its all so mundane and 'right now' !!!!!

The way to 'act' becomes common sense, the 5 precepts become 'laughable' because its all obvious..

The 8fold path becomes wrong, so you change things, add things, do this, do that!!

You create 'your' way! Which is the real way! (Which is what buddha might have done - but the problem was nothing was writtem until 'after his death' so alot of chinese whispers happened!!!

Floating_Abu
  • Like :D