Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Where to find free meditation music?

Is there any site that offers new age-y type of music for me to relax and meditate to? I mean freely offered, not simply downloaded free, but I think you guessed that. It needs to be in mp3 form, so I can put it in my iPod. Thank you!

Comments

• riverflowriverflow Veteran
    edited June 2013
    @dhammacitta

I've posted my own ambient music here, very much in the vein of Brian Eno:

[LINK TO WHOLE PLAYLIST]

This is also available on iTunes, Amazon and some other sites for sale, but I have no problem at all with you downloading it from my old YouTube page.
    Invincible_summer
  • riverflowriverflow Veteran
    edited June 2013
    Also, you can convert the YouTube stream to mp3 using this website:

http://www.vidtomp3.com/

Not sure what the sound quality will be like.
  • dhammacittadhammacitta Explorer
    edited June 2013
    Thanks so much!! Your music is so compelling...
  • Thank you, @dhammacitta - I hope you enjoy it!
  • woods93woods93 Explorer
    i use pandora. there is a station called "buddhist monks" it isnt much chanting but the songs are good for meditating. i use it a lot when i do.
  • FlorianFlorian Veteran
    riverflow said:

Also, you can convert the YouTube stream to mp3 using this website:

http://www.vidtomp3.com/

Not sure what the sound quality will be like.

It'll be very poor.

I wish at least Buddhists would pay for their music. But no, it's got to be free.
  • The OP asked for music "offered freely" -- not illegal downloads.

I posted those videos and in response to the OP I offered my music freely.

Pay for it and of course the music is better quality.
  • FlorianFlorian Veteran
    Okay, I see the distinction. My post was slightly tongue in cheek. But it's still got to be free. I think the idea of paying for music is fading into history. Sorry, off topic.
  • Florian said:

Okay, I see the distinction. My post was slightly tongue in cheek. But it's still got to be free. I think the idea of paying for music is fading into history. Sorry, off topic.

Oh gosh, @Florian - I just looked at my post -- there is text missing or something when I was writing and re-writing that post (I generally copy & paste my posts from Notepad because I have a fear losing posts).

Anyway, I just wanted to apologize to you, because looking at what I wrote it looks a bit rude. That was not my intention!
  • FlorianFlorian Veteran
    It's okay @riverflow. I saw no rudeness. You made a fair point. Thanks for worrying about it though. Maybe you were a bit rude to free music. Anyway, my post was uncalled for.
  • poptartpoptart Veteran

Is there any site that offers new age-y type of music for me to relax and meditate to? I mean freely offered, not simply downloaded free, but I think you guessed that. It needs to be in mp3 form, so I can put it in my iPod. Thank you!

If you like the sound of singing bowls there are lots of tracks on YouTube by this guy: