Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Comments

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited July 2013
    Nothing is fool-proof to
    the determined fool.

. . . meanwhile in a show of solidarity and Impermanence, which temples and Buddhist leaders will be blowing up their sacred spaces - after removing those with a tendency to self immolation?

Please don't try this at home

Anyone care to get really outraged or are we all bemused and at equanimity even when injury is the intent and outcome? Hard practice sometimes . . .

Ahimsa Rulez - let's make it compulsory? Good luck with that . . .
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahimsa
  • TheEccentricTheEccentric Hampshire, UK Veteran
    "The Religion of Peace" is at it again.
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    Islamic terrorism again ?
  • karasti said:

They are looking for suspects with links to the Indian Mujahideen which appears to have Islamic connections. However, it is unfair and ridiculous to blame the religion, @TheEccentric. I know MANY peaceful Muslims who condemn such actions. It is the fault of the people who choose these routes not the religion itself. They don't enjoy being lumped together with terrorists any more than you would like to be linked to the Buddhists who are hurting people elsewhere.

For sure. I'd bet Timothy McVeigh identified as Christian. The few or the one can give hundreds of millions a bad name. I daresay neither Jesus nor Mohammed tell these people to commit these atrocities.
  • It's very sad. There's so much hate in the world.
    riverflowlobsterInvincible_summer
    karasti said:

They are looking for suspects with links to the Indian Mujahideen which appears to have Islamic connections. However, it is unfair and ridiculous to blame the religion, @TheEccentric. I know MANY peaceful Muslims who condemn such actions. It is the fault of the people who choose these routes not the religion itself.

Well it is strange how these "routes" appear are less frequently in other religions.
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran

karasti said:

They are looking for suspects with links to the Indian Mujahideen which appears to have Islamic connections. However, it is unfair and ridiculous to blame the religion, @TheEccentric. I know MANY peaceful Muslims who condemn such actions. It is the fault of the people who choose these routes not the religion itself.

Well it is strange how these "routes" appear are less frequently in other religions.
    Well, less frequent in other religions AT THIS TIME. Think about the Crusades???

riverflowKundoInvincible_summer
    vinlyn said:

karasti said:

Well, less frequent in other religions AT THIS TIME. Think about the Crusades???

And who was that in response to? The Muslims who had violently taken over the holy lands, usurped the Byzantine rulers and were denying entrance to Christian pilgrims.
    caz
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Let's keep the discussion current, thanks...
    Invincible_summer
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

vinlyn said:

karasti said:

And who was that in response to? The Muslims who had violently taken over the holy lands, usurped the Byzantine rulers and were denying entrance to Christian pilgrims.
    ** DISCLAIMER - I'M A JEW BY BIRTH AND HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO ALL THREE RELIGIONS IN THE FOLLOWING POST **

I think you'll find that the disputes between the "Big Three" (Islam, Judaism and Christianity) go back many many years.

If you look at it from a detached POV - You have the /parentsgrandparents (Judaism) arguing with the children (Christianity) and the grandkids (Islam). The children have distanced from the parents/grandparents enough to be independent but use "Mum and Dad's" advice (The Torah and particularly a mistranslation of Leviticus) to justify themselves. The grandkids meanwhile, are rebelling against both and flexing their muscles by causing disruption wherever and whenever they can because "we're all individuals".

Bottom line - it all goes back to a family dispute over a block of land. The land has been there before any of them, and it will be there long after they are gone. It's insanity. And so the wheel of Samsara keeps turning.

Pointing fingers and laying blame helps no one.

Respectfully and in metta,
    Raven

riverflowpegembaraInvincible_summer
  • As long as we continue to hold attachments to material items there will always be ways that others can do harm. No one can take from me what I do not have...
    personInvincible_summer