Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Yoda a Buddhist was

Comments

• SillyPuttySillyPutty Veteran
    edited July 2013
    Always thought Yoda sounded a bit like what HHDL would sound like if he had a cold. And dyslexia.
    riverflow
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    Not surprisingly, George Lucas is Buddhist.

I wonder if Tsenzhab Serkong Rinpoche would agree with Jedi warrior ideology...
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited July 2013
    lobster said:

So certain are you. Always with you it cannot be done. Hear you nothing that I say?

Such old news, this is.... :rolleyes:
    SillyPuttylobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    Not surprisingly, George Lucas is Buddhist.
    Surprised me . . .
    http://www.dhammawiki.com/index.php?title=List_of_Celebrity_Buddhists

It seems Yoda is just a puppet for the Jedi (a para military order of royalists) :D
  • aMattaMatt Veteran
    Yoda denied the Buddha quality in Vader and Palpatine. Also, encouraged eternalism... "forever will it dominate your destiny". Plus, said that a Jedi must have a most serious mind. Plus, worked with luke on the development of siddhis.

Yoda seems more like a Brahman or Taoist. :)
    FullCircle
  • TakuanTakuan Veteran

Feel the force