Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

One of my favorite Buddhist teachers

edited July 2013 in Arts & Writings
Hi! I'm new to this site and have found great comfort in the writings of Pema Chodren. Her book "When Things Fall Apart" was very instrumental to my initial study of the Dharma. Everything I've read by her is wonderful. Chodren lived a full life in America (is divorced and has children) before becoming a Tibetan Buddhist nun so she really cuts to the heart of our Western issues.
riverflowcvalue

Comments

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    Oh yes. She is one of my favorite teachers. I agree WTFA and others of her books are great. I've read a book, Start Where You Are and it is about lojong teachings which were brought from Indonesia by Atisha. Now I am reading a book by her (former) teacher, Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche, also about lojong called Training the Mind.
  • @DharmaMomma thanks for the recommendation, and welcome to the site! Come on in, look around a bit. I think you will like what you see :clap: