Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Suggesting a gender box...

2»

Comments

• Nevermind said:

So does "unspecified" mean bi or that they have never checked?

Bi? Sexuality and gender aren't the same thing.

For what it's worth, I am a cisgender woman who is bi/pansexual but mostly lesbian.

I know trans people who are straight. Just saying. :)

• I think gender would be useful. Men and women are different in the way they think about things and the experiences they have. Therefore I think it would be useful when seeing a response to a particular question to know which angle someone might be coming from.
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    No gender box necessary, as said some posts above, since all you have to do is click on member's name and look at the clues in their activities as to his or her (or whether they just want to keep it a mystery).

How about thinking without a box, just using an x-line graph:

_____________________________________________________________________________________>
    boringly`````agreeable`````stimulating````passive````````just`````````loose
    reflective`````````````````& polite```````aggressive`````aggressive````cannon

This would be more informative, anyway. True, it would give the moderators more work to do, but after all, isn't it time their salaries got tripled?
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    edited September 2013
    As I've said before, how about a box for a short paragraph in our bios. If you want to write something, fine, if not, fine. What personal info you want to divulge, fine, up to you. You could even indicate what sect of Buddhism you most closely follow.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Nirvana said:

It seems to me that there should be three boxes, not just two.

Aren't we forgetting about the sockpuppets?

That would be too many boxes for some to tick.... ;)

• BeejBeej Human Being Veteran
    i just assume you are all catfish. ;)
    VictoriousmisterCope
  • Agender - being neither male nor female, but having a gender of some sort.
    Wait...what? I don't.....is that an extraterrestrial thing?