Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Info on Tendai?

DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
edited August 2013 in Buddhism Basics
Although I don't identify as anything for the time being, I'm researching and studying multiple schools and beliefs. I looked into Shingon and thought it was a great school, but considering where I live (Georgia) and the lack of teachers in the U.S., I don't think it is realistically possible to try and practice Shingon.

When asking about other esoteric schools, someone mentioned Tendai. Regarding this, I have a few questions.

1.) Are there any centers in the Southeastern U.S.? Or in the South or East Coast in general?

2.) What are some beliefs, rituals and practices?

3.) In Shingon, there are many deities ( Chinese, Japanese and Vedic/Hindu) as well as many of the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas. Are there any who are venerated in Tendai as well?

Comments

• CittaCitta Veteran
    For a real insiders view from a mature practitioner @DaftChris I recommend that you contact Jikan on Dharma Wheel. You will find him open and very learned.
  • DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
    @Citts

I did. He's a very cool guy. :)

I just like to hear multiple perspectives.