Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

An answer popped up.

Earlier today, I got back from work and sat on my sofa. Iinitially I had the radio on, and I was noodling round on the internet. I then thought 'no I don't want to noodle on the internet or listen to the radio' so I turned the radio off, and just sat quietly, with no thoughts, just the sound of no sound, i didnt actually set out to meditate but that's what happened spontaneously. I got what i think of as a 'flooding of knowing something', because that's what it feels like.

For a few months i've had some nagging aches and pains, and have wondered about the pains, and worried a little bit; what are they?

As I sat quietly I got the weird flooding sensation, and everything is fine. My whole body is perfectly healthy except for a few weaker areas on the left that are stressed due to tiredness. But nothing more sinister. Needless to say, I am relieved. I've had these experiences before, they're very helpful. I don't know exactly how to describe further, it's like a sensation of absolute clarity, sometimes it has been about something about to happen.

Is there a name for this? I doubt it's called flooding :p

pommesetoranges

Comments

• Pure knowing consciousness/presence.

You had an IAM experience!
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    What I often find surprising is the phenomenal effort that all of us Ducca beings habitually indulge in to make sure we seldom experience that clarity of being.

I don't know what others call it but the simple "truth" works for me.
    Dandelion
  • DandelionDandelion London Veteran
    @taiyaki @how thank you both.

• I think it is a nyam which means you are getting close to the point, but it is still just an experience and not... not... not 'it'. It is just an experience and it shouldn't be clung to yet.

It sounds like the nyam of bliss which is an expression of your sensitivity. The nature of mind is openness, clarity, and sensitivity.
  • DandelionDandelion London Veteran
    @Jeffrey thankyou!