Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The pineal gland

bookwormbookworm U.S.A. Veteran
edited August 2013 in General Banter
The Pineal gland is really important to activate our 3rd eye, the pineal gland is one of the most mysterious glands of the human body, because it has many mystical properties, fluoride water calcifies our Penal glands and stops us from attaining higher levels of consciousness and hurts our spiritual development also fluoride is in just about everything we eat and drink and also in pesticide sprayed vegetables what are everyone's opinions about this?

The fluoride used for treating drinking water is not the natural calcium fluoride found in nature rather, it is the synthetic industrial version, which is known as sodium fluoride

we are losing touch with our spiritual selves and the higher centers of awareness of our lives
blu3ree

Comments

• sodium is just a type of atom that is found in table salt. Calcium is taken in TUMs antacids along with milk.

What are your sources regarding how the pineal gland is calcified?
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    Not everyone in the US has flouridated drinking water though, so why aren't the people who don't more developed than the rest of us? Something like 65% of water supplies are flouridated. Also, in some countries in Europe it isn't allowed (but that has also been attributed to poor dental health...I don't know if that's actually true, just happened to read it somewhere...anyone from Europe care to elaborate?)

What about people in undeveloped countries who don't have water supplies (and thus drinking water and foods) that aren't flouridated? Wouldn't they all be living at higher levels?
  • Your link just stated these claims without evidence. There were not any references to science studying these claims.
  • poptartpoptart Veteran
    edited August 2013
    Jeffrey said:

What are your sources regarding how the pineal gland is calcified?

A Google search found this.

And this.
  • Oh I found the sources.

This one http://biology.about.com/od/anatomy/p/pineal-gland.htm
    doesn't say the pineal is calcified.

This one:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11275672

The scientists just concluded that calcium and fluorine accrue but it doesn't point to any impairment. It is a decent reputable journal, pubmed. Some journals do not have such a good reputation.
    bookworm
  • ok poptarts link links to some sources.

But keep in mind that there may (or not) be sources contradicting those journal articles. I'm not going to bother reading all that stuff. My teeth are good at least. :D
    bookworm
  • bookwormbookworm U.S.A. Veteran
    I'm going to save up to buy a reverse osmosis filter system or live in an area that doesn't have fluoride in the water
  • Get rid of teflon pans also because the surface contains flourine.http://www.fluoridealert.org/issues/sources/teflon-pans/
  • how said:

So higher levels of consciousness really is about drugs after all?

Ha! NOW look who's causing trouble.... ;)
    bookworm
    thanks Jeffery and thank you everyone that commented
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    You are making a few assumptions there.
    One that there is a 'third eye'
    Two that if there is it matters in Buddhism.
    Three that the pineal gland is the 'third eye'.
    Four that fluoride effects the pineal gland.
    I just wanted people to know about this
    Citta
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    Thank you @bookworm. It has started an interesting discussion.
    Thanks Citta i'm glad i could help (=
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    _/\_
  • The pineal gland is theorized to be linked to DMT which naturally occurs in the body anyway. I think MAPS.org is studying this on an ongoing basis among other projects
  • blu3reeblu3ree Veteran
    edited August 2013
    ive heard my parents say that fluoride is good for your teeth but it causes osteoporosis so that must be false statement.

the pineal gland helps to regulate your emotions and helps to make rational decisions. it also produces melotonin (which helps to control your sleep) and serotonin (which helps to keep balanced happiness). people whom eat alot of processed foods also will have their pineal glands gunked up. tapping into your "third eye" will help clear up delusional thinking.

and yes your pineal gland is your third eye right between your eyes is where it is located. it can detect very subtle energies.
    bookworm
  • blu3ree said:

ive heard my parents say that fluoride is good for your teeth but it causes osteoporosis so that must be false statement.

the pineal gland helps to regulate your emotions and helps to make rational decisions. it also produces melotonin (which helps to control your sleep) and serotonin (which helps to keep balanced happiness). people whom eat alot of processed foods also will have their pineal glands gunked up. tapping into your "third eye" will help clear up delusional thinking.

and yes your pineal gland is your third eye right between your eyes is where it is located. it can detect very subtle energies.

So if it is related to the third eye and thus spirituality, and it subsequently is found to deal with DMT (which naturally occurs in the body), would taking DMT be an intoxicant in a Buddhist sense? Remember, I stand these days on the belief that all intoxicants lead to ignorance and suffering in some way shape or form, but that does not mean I stay away from them 100% of the time.
    blu3ree
  • Tom, is heroin endorphins? It's similar. But it kills people.
  • Jeffrey said:

Tom, is heroin endorphins? It's similar. But it kills people.

No heroin is heroin and causes the brain to release a huge amount of dopamine
    and endorphines, the heroin itself is not these chemicals. DMT on the other hand is already in the brain naturally occurring, and the pineal gland is thought to play a big role in this. DMT is also found in certain plants and vines, so to compare that to heroin IMO isn't apt
  • I think it is like epinephrine. Injecting your body with large amounts recreationally isn't the same thing as the natural body.

I don't care if you use DMT :) But it has to do with a matter of degrees. The natural amount in the body is not the same as adding an outside dose. I think you already know that. If it makes you feel good then I say go ahead and say it does not violate the fifth precept. Tom, this is coming from a guy who drank four beers tonight while watching college football. What the heck do I know about DMT? Actually I have schizophrenia which if you google you will find has to do with dysregulation of DMT.

I have had crazy experiences on DMT via schizophrenia. I have woke up on the floor the next day not even having drank alcohohol. I probably have brain damage from the excito-toxicity.

So all that in mind I think it is not particularly meaningful what you categorize DMT as on the precepts. What's important is how it affects your mindfulness. I know you have worked your tail off to get improvement in your meditation and right speech and all the eight folds. So I would hate to have you get in a pickle all the while thinking you were going the right way.
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited September 2013
    No I am not trying to justify using DMT, I do not even have access to it and I in fact have never taken DMT. The closest thing chemically to it that I have taken would be psilocybin. I was just curious to know what people thought about DMT and the Buddhist path. It is not really an intoxicant, well I wouldn't consider it one, but I think it could lead into very grey areas.

Tut tut tut by the way, 4 beers! Nobody is perfect though and enjoy your beer :)
    Jeffrey
  • bookworm said:

The Pineal gland is really important to activate our 3rd eye, the pineal gland is one of the most mysterious glands of the human body, because it has many mystical properties, fluoride water calcifies our Penal glands and stops us from attaining higher levels of consciousness and hurts our spiritual development also fluoride is in just about everything we eat and drink and also in pesticide sprayed vegetables what are everyone's opinions about this?

The fluoride used for treating drinking water is not the natural calcium fluoride found in nature rather, it is the synthetic industrial version, which is known as sodium fluoride

we are losing touch with our spiritual selves and the higher centers of awareness of our lives

Besides fluoride, money and other material things probably stops us from developing spiritually.
    Jeffreyblu3ree
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited September 2013
    Tom, it's good to hear that you are not indulging has I have. I had a good day though with family watching the game. We scored the most points for the first game of the season since 1905!! Score: Michigan 59 Central Michigan 9

(or maybe I'm encouraging you to indulge?? different thread ha!)
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited September 2013
    Jeffrey said:

Tom, it's good to hear that you are not indulging has I have. I had a good day though with family watching the game. We scored the most points for the first game of the season since 1905!! Score: Michigan 59 Central Michigan 9

(or maybe I'm encouraging you to indulge?? different thread ha!)

If you didn't realise I was very drunk on Friday night, the most drunk I have been in a long time. I had cut right back on my drinking and kind of relapsed, drank a bottle of whisky and 3 litres of beer on top of my medication which is why I barely remember a thing. I went for a bike ride as well according to my gf :-/

Anyway that is a good start to the season considering it took them over 100 years to do so :P Back to topic, sorry.
  • blu3ree said:

So if it is related to the third eye and thus spirituality, and it subsequently is found to deal with DMT (which naturally occurs in the body), would taking DMT be an intoxicant in a Buddhist sense? Remember, I stand these days on the belief that all intoxicants lead to ignorance and suffering in some way shape or form, but that does not mean I stay away from them 100% of the time.
    y not just stay up for 3 days in a row wouldnt that be very similar only natural?

ive heard that when you take DMT your body stops producing it but i am not sure if that is a true statement or not. but if it is would you still want to risk that?

• y not just stay up for 3 days in a row wouldnt that be very similar only natural?

ive heard that when you take DMT your body stops producing it but i am not sure if that is a true statement or not. but if it is would you still want to risk that?

To be honest if I had the chance to take some DMT with a shaman in the form of ayahuasca I probably would yes. I treat psychedelics as a form of medicine these days and I very rarely use them, this year I think 4-5 times and that probably will be it for this year now as well.

Staying up for 3 day straight will just do a number on your brain and no it is not the same as a DMT experience. Taking DMT is something you really need to be prepared for, it isn't like any other substance in the sense that people who have had the experience rank it as important as say a wedding day or giving birth. Unless somebody on here has actually taken ayahuasca everything that is said about it will just be based on other people's experiences.
  • Not backing this link either way, but I found this earlier and it seems apt here.

http://thenaturalhealthpage.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/how-to-decalcify-your-pineal-gland.html