Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Communion, speaking proper . . .

In the spiritual realm communication has many phases:

1. Noise
2. Questioning
3. Resonance
4. Silence/listening
5. Advising
6. Reflecting/revealing
7. Empowering
8. Mind to Mind

Where is most of your communication? Mine is mostly noise :dunce:

1. Noise
is what passes as communication in the mundane human realm. The more boisterous, stimulating, interactive and distracting the better. It is the Twitter and Facebook, partying and the gibbering bubble gum of the jaw aching generation. 'Hello world. Here I am look at me.' It is often based on attention starvation.

2. Questioning
is the first stage of dissatisfaction. In Buddhism it is the realisation of noise as inherently unsatisfactory and trying to find an internal or better more satisfying, real interaction.

3. Resonance
and harmonisation with mindful, useful, empowering, encouraging positive speech becomes a norm as we learn calm. The calming of the mind silences the jaw muscle, just as the recitation of mantra, placates the overactive mind chatter.

4. Silence
is in itself the communication of stillness. Saying little well, becomes better than a disconnected wandering mouthful . . .
Listening
now is enabled, not just to our own chatter but to the value and potential within others speech. With the capacity to listen comes the ability to discern what is ego mouthing and what is deep wisdom.

5. Advising
As we become aware of what we have heard, of its benefits, we quite naturally develop the compassionate capacity to aid and advise others. We have found our voice. The voice of the experienced practitioner, practicing right speech, useful speech and enabling speech.

6. Reflecting/revealing
are the components of being able to reveal the essence or important aspects of a communication by returning it in its essence or essential nature.

7. Empowering
is the level of the teacher, able to say not what people want to hear, or reflect back what they have said but to say what they need to hear in a way they can hear, digest and make use of.

8. Mind to Mind,
heart to heart, spiritual osmosis or wordless communication is the interaction, often devoid of words but based on the sharing of virtue, baraka or grace. This occurs independently of the nature of the interaction.

:wave:
sndymorn

Comments

• ChazChaz The Remarkable Chaz Anywhere, Everywhere & Nowhere Veteran
    lobster said:

Where is most of your communication? Mine is mostly noise :dunce:

That is so true. Much of your "communication" is simply noise. It's kinda like the hissing "white" noise that accompanies Ant Wars on TV.

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.....................

Most of my spiritual communication is with keyboards of various kinds, but I am also able to communicate via smell - a technique I learned while competing on the International Kittypult Pro Tour back when Reagan was still President and Shep was still just a pup.

And what great and heady days those were .......

• Another aspect of right speech is the phase of unloading. Many of us have nothing to say, too much to say or are unaware of what is really being said.
    In a sense we have to realise and explore both the nature of noise and silence and the many other forms of internal and external communication . . . :wave:
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited September 2013
    lobster said:

In a sense we have to realise and explore both the nature of noise and silence....:

You sure know what to say! Being silent and having silent
    "times" at the monastery, really helped me to examine my 'nature' of
    being talkative and actually learning to be silent.....
    being in that environment really made that possible.

Being silent also reminds me...I'm one of the ones most of time that
    are 'unaware of what is really being said' ....hahahaha

Oh well.

• howhow Veteran Veteran

& the phase number for zen mountains singing and stone maidens dancing is....?

• @how they have your number, no need to ring . . . :rockon:

different aspects and times mean we may travel back and forth or be in several modes simultaneously.

. . . as for singing mountains and stone maidens . . .