Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Does anyone have experience changing careers?

Specifically, changing from a career you are fairly well off and financially invested in, to one that you have little/no experience in and few resources to rely on.

I'm assuming many people have successfully done this with less than I have access to, and later in life. I'm just curious as to your experiences, as I don't know anyone personally who has done this.

Thanks for reading. :)

Comments

• DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    No, but I would love to learn how others have done so. Therefore, I'm posting to bump this thread! I hope you get a meaningful response soon!
    EvenThird
  • I'm not sure that I really ever had a career, altho', at one time, I was a teacher, which counts I suppose. I started off as an actor, then a teacher then in industry, then in consultancy and then a counsellor and psychotherapist, now retired but still writing and part-time spiritual counsellor. The funniest time was when I was unemployed having lost a job in industry and sent our my c.v. I got back the response that it was too varied and that I had too diverse a history. I therefore set put on my own as a business consultant and the very same c.v. got me clients because of the variety of my experience!
    EvenThirdKundo