Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Slowed down crickets chirping

A man slowed down the sound of crickets chirping, here is the article...

http://www.theindiepedant.com/?p=10141

Here is the sound clip...

Quite beautiful.
riverflow

Comments

• Cool-- I did the same thing some years ago. I used to be quite active recording ambient music and often times I would take ordinary sounds and slow them down incorporating them into the music. --it goes back to when I was kid messing around with tape recorders.

It's amazing what happens when you slow various sounds down, especially high-pitched ones, because slowing it down you can hear all the overtones that we can't normally hear. The fact that this results in something like arpeggiated triads isn't surprising-- yet it is surprising nevertheless!

Thanks for sharing!
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    Seems to me only reasonable that two or more crickets would form a chorus. If 'twere only one it'd be mere vocalizing. WOW! What ecstatic partakers of life crickets are. I've always enjoyed their presence, but I never considered them, till now, as messengers from a grander world.
    riverflow