Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Level

lobsterlobster Veteran
edited October 2013 in Buddhism Basics

'On the level' is a Masonic term, it means being straight.

Most of us, and I speak from experience which we all know, are devious.
We fool only ourselves.

However the straight path is always open and it becomes straight even as it is turning and twisting . . .
We can be true to our ideals. The implementation changes. The capacity to hear and listen changes. The superficial falls like the shells of the crustacean.
'know yourself'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_thyself
Know that you are on the path, even if you feel you have not taken the first step as @lamaramadingdong in a recent thread . . .

Straight on. Straight up.
How many times does our understanding of compassion, kindness, right speech change? Are you ready to move up a level? Just one level? Beginner again? Time to sit soon. I love that. Maybe I am a meditation junky? I can live with that. It is just about my level . . .

:om:
bookwormpoptartBunksVastmindStraight_Mancptshrk

Comments

• I always feel like I'm about a 1/2 bubble off. Little to the left....no...little to the right....ahh, you almost had it.

But then again, nothing looks level if the looker is standing on crooked ground.....
  • Know that you are on the path, even if you feel you have not taken the first step as @lamaramadingdong in a recent thread said
    Which twat forgot the said?

Me!

As we all know our 'inner twat' is always standing her ground like a thief in the knight. If you need a spirit level, try to avoid shallow foundations.

The twat and the Buddha [Good name for a two truth book]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_truths_doctrine
    are always with us. Does the Buddha have 'twat nature'?
    . . . if we practice . . . less and less

wait

I mean if we practice more we are less and less . . . either side of the balance.
  • cptshrkcptshrk Explorer
    edited October 2013
    Oh how I wish I knew how to level out!

I always feel as if my bottom-half was getting sucked into quicksand and my arms are ever-struggling to keep myself 'above' ground level. Not saying it in a desperate tone, like depression is creeping up, but still, I find it hard to find a certain ease. If such a thing is possible I don't know. I'm a 22 y/o student with a part time job, struggling with post-modernity hehe.

My level? Constantly sinking. How am I to find a floating stance? I can't swim up while in lotus...

Why does the Earth want to swallow me whole!?