Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

profile?

genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
Is there a way to read a fellow member's profile -- just some generalized info (if submitted) of where the person lives, what practice they follow if any, married, kids, profession, enjoyable pursuits, preference in ice cream? I've looked on occasion and can find nothing ... which may say more about me than it does about the information sought.

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran
    edited October 2013
    Well, the posts give clues sometimes, but NewBuddhist does not have such gathered publicly, and probably does not have it at all. There is no heavy profile here. That is part of how NewBuddhist is run, but more about me can be found on my website if you want to browse it. That website can be reached through going to johnslittlehangout.com. I recommend Firefox and a PC browsing of the website.
  • matthewmartinmatthewmartin Amateur Bodhisattva Suburbs of Mt Meru Veteran
    edited October 2013
    My blog is http://suburbandestiny.com As you might guess from my photo, I prefer ben & jerries chunky monkey ice cream.

I checked, the profile features here give me no particular option to mention that *except* as a comment on my profile, which I imagine over time will get buried.
  • misecmisc1misecmisc1 I am a Hindu India Veteran
    ... and i was worrying that someone may have read all my posts here :D
    lobsterVastmindcvalue
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    OK ... I guess no one is curious as I occasionally get curious.
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    Rocky road ice cream in a waffle cone. Cherry please.
    You?
    Jeffrey
  • genkaku said:

Is there a way to read a fellow member's profile -- just some generalized info (if submitted) of where the person lives, what practice they follow if any, married, kids, profession, enjoyable pursuits, preference in ice cream? I've looked on occasion and can find nothing ... which may say more about me than it does about the information sought.

I've asked about this in the past, and I believe others have brought it up as well...
    I sometimes get confused about age, gender/sexual preference, marital status, etc of some posters, even if they've been around a while, because.... well, maybe I'm getting senile, or maybe it's because it just doesn't come up often enough in enough threads, for the information to "stick" in my head.... you know- because I'm getting senile? :-/

The suggestion of a brief "bio style" profile for members to fill out (or not) always seems to be met with great resistance.
    ::: shrugs:::: I really don't understand why.

riverflowvinlynTheEccentric
    @MaryAnne -- Maybe 'wisdom' sounds wiser when it is conveniently disembodied?
    riverflowVastmind
  • genkaku said:

@MaryAnne -- Maybe 'wisdom' sounds wiser when it is conveniently disembodied?

Hmmm... something to ponder, eh? ;-)

@genkaku....since you want a cheat sheet/profile on me, the least you could have
    done was answer me as to your ice cream preference...hahaha.
  • We could do a profile. That would be cool.
    edited October 2013
    @MaryAnne....Senile? Nope. Don't claim it, hehe

If it makes you feel any better, it took the first year for me to
    get to know who is who ( as far as their stats)...almost like getting to know
    people in real life...sometimes you have to ask once or twice...didn't you say you
    were married?... Or something like that. I confess...I had 3 small post it notes on
    my laptop of different things about different members, to remind myself.
    I burned alot of brain cells back in my day.. ;)

Damn...that sounds senile, doesn't it? lolololol
    MaryAnne
  • lobster profile:

fav flavour ice cream: vanilla and chilli (had to make it as hot chilly chilli ice cream seemed cool or is that hot . . .)
    species: wer-cructacean
    religion: omnivorous
    Bhumi level: between -1 and 0.5
    ox herding level: roasted ox, had barbecue
    Profession: heretic

Hope that helps :buck:
    Vastmindcvalue
    ^^^ Don't you get started...lolololol
    We know your profile. lololol

(To know you.....is to love you) :)
  • Well, there are some members here I feel I already know too much about.
    Enough said.
    Vastmindcvalue
    edited October 2013
    @genkaku....since you want a cheat sheet/profile on me, the least you could have
    done was answer me as to your ice cream preference...hahaha.
    @vastmind -- How thoughtless of me. I apologize. I don't generally eat ice cream, but if something (anything) chocolate is put in front of me, it's Nellie bar the door!

As regards the OP -- I didn't intend to goad anyone into providing a resume in this thread. I was just thinking that, for the times when I am curious, it would be nice to find some sort of profile on record. No one HAS to read such things.

Oh well, I guess anonymity has an imagined allure even if the NSA already knows what color fingernail polish or flavored underwear anyone uses.
    Vastmind
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    My mind often wonders about specific posters and their circumstance. Sometimes I get niggles about whether I should respond to something or not.
    I too think a brief Bio (for those who want to) would help foggy minds like mine.
    vinlyn
    I had to look up the word niggles....I thought it had something to do
    with the flavored underwear lolololol

Speaking of those....thanks to @genkaku, my vote is now yes.
    Apparently, he's a little more intersting than I thought. :D