Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What Good Deed Have You Done Today?

Hi Folks

Iam just wondering what good deed have you done today?

Dont need to be a big thing, but maybe one that you thought, "this is good" ;D

I used my bike instead of my car, all the day, back and fort from job, 2 hours ride.

And i also gave some coins to a "musician" even though he didn't play very well.

Looking forward to hear from you :)

VastmindcvalueMaryAnneJeffreyEvenThirdanataman

Comments

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited November 2013
    @MaryAnne...Taking care of parents is a VERY good deed, my sistah! :)

'.....I am aware that I owe so much to my parents, teachers, friends and all beings.
    I vow to be worthy of their trust, to practice wholeheartedly,
    so that understanding and compassion will flower,
    and I can help living beings be free from their suffering.
    May the Buddha, the Dhamma, and the Sangha support my efforts'
    EvenThirdMaryAnneanataman
  • Nothing yet, but it's still early. :)
    lobster
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    I went and watched Federer defeat Del Potro to reach the semi-finals at the ATP world tennis finals in London today with my wife and 3 kids. We had been given free VIP tickets because of a good deed my wife had done for someone! I was rooting for Federer, as a person he seems to emanate great composure, focus and concentration and despite losing the first set came back from a break point down in the final set and won graciously, but it took great effort - he's getting old (well 32 is old for a pro athlete), and you can see it.

My wife's previous good deed had brought our whole family a nice experience and happiness, and I love her for that.

At the start of the match there was an old Swiss or German couple trying to decipher their seating arrangement on their tickets. I saw that they were having trouble and took the tickets and pointed them to the right place. Although there was a language barrier it was obvious from their gestures and expressions that they were both extremely grateful for the help, and that made me feel good.

In doing this good deed, however, my phone probably slipped out of my jacket pocket that had been resting on my knees and I did not notice it had gone until I arrived home. I hope that someone does a good deed and hands it in when they find it!

MaryAnne
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    Tessbaby said:

I discovered that my neighbor has to get a bypass and he has already undergone two surgeries. I decided to do my part for him and baked him my better than sex cake. I dedicated some of my personal spirit to him in the form of baked goods. Heres to hoping the bypass goes well!

BTW @Tessbaby I join you in wishing your neighbour well in what is going to be a major operation (I know what it entails, I trained as a cardiac surgeon for 4 years, but for many reasons had to decide between my family and a career, well I don't need to tell you where my heart is).

I am not a monastic but if I was I'd certainly be holding up an alms bowel to appreciate your virtuosity. As I'm not would you kindly devote some of your generosity of spirit and post that recipe here, as it sounds yummy but too good to be true! That would also be another good deed, and if it is as good as you suggest I'll dedicate all the good merit and enjoyment it brings to the enlightenment of all beings especially as I'm eating it. I like mediation-in-action and to practice whilst eating, can be a really great experience and to experience a 'better than sex cake' become part of me - that's going to be very interesting!

Have a nice day, and tell your neighbour there is more than one person in the world who is thinking about him right now and wishes him well in his recovery!

• Tessbaby said:

. . . and baked him my better than sex cake.

I'll have what She's having . . .
    LOL

Nothing yet, but it's still early. :)

Nothing doing? Doing Nothing? Done doing? Every deed is good?

. . . gently does it . . . bake the good into being . . .
    I feel a good wave coming on . . .
    :wave: