Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Delusion

HamsakaHamsaka goosewhispererPolishing the 'just so' Veteran
What's crazy to me is that beings arose from the substance of the universe, became sentient, and got indignant about the conditions of existence in the universe they dependently arose from. Really????

This is an issue of logic, not faith or belief system(s). How did we come to conclude that impermanence, suffering and no-self were optional? How can what arose from impermanence, suffering and no-self sit around and bitch about it?

Don't hurt yourself.

Gassho
LG (<------ needs a bigger fuse)

lobsterEvenThird

Comments

• Yo bitch . . . who you calling bitch! :wave:

We are funny sentients. No doubt.
    Hamsaka
  • HamsakaHamsaka goosewhisperer Polishing the 'just so' Veteran
    It is logically impossible to bitch, but leave it up to sentient beings to find a way how.
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    Hamsaka said:

What's crazy to me is that beings arose from the substance of the universe, became sentient, and got indignant about the conditions of existence in the universe they dependently arose from.

You had a universe with substance?! You were lucky....:p

Hamsakaanataman
    :rockon: yeah we bitch about havin' to live in rolled up newspaper in the slough next to the dairy farm, but we're lucky compared to the poor devils who arose from insubstance and work in a 7-11 hangin' off the ass end of a proton on a hydrogen atom. It's all about perspective.
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    Hamsaka said:

What's crazy to me is that beings arose from the substance of the universe, became sentient, and got indignant about the conditions of existence in the universe they dependently arose from. Really????

I don't think I got indignant about the conditions here. I did feel insulted at our level of understanding and the willful ignorance we display but I didn't blame the way things work.
    This is an issue of logic, not faith or belief system(s). How did we come to conclude that impermanence, suffering and no-self were optional?
    Probably not long after the first suicide.
    How can what arose from impermanence, suffering and no-self sit around and bitch about it?
    Some bitch about the conditions and some work with what we have.
    Don't hurt yourself.
    Always good advice.

@ourself: Thank you for wrestling with that :D The first impulse in that post was sincere, and yet when written, it also became part of the 'cosmic joke'. Thanks for recognizing the sincere beneath the playful.

I've felt quite indignant, especially about the natural cathedral of Love we uncover within ourselves, and the inevitability of losing the object we love. My indignancy has tempered and mellowed much by sitting with the real.

"Probably not long after the first suicide"
    Touche' :) And, 'amen', 'word' and all those nice bows that we say to acknowledge the profound.

Gassho :)
  • bewilderment
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    Universe: 'Who' is disturbing the peace and tranquility and making that mental racket exclaiming they are unhappy about being born in a universe of suffering impermanence and delusion?

I Am: :bawl:

Universe: Don't you know you're on the naughty step?

I Am: "why"

Universe: I don't know - you put yourself there, Karma I think you call it?

I Am: : "what did I do to deserve this?"

Universe: "I don't know, I am just full of equanimity and am here to support you?"

I Am: "Oh, Not sure what I should be doing then"

Universe: "well you could just sit there quietly and watch what I am doing?"

I Am: "Ok, what do I need to do?"

Universe: "Nothing in particular, just sit and be with me"

I AM: "and?…"

Universe: "and?... what?"

I Am: "is that it?"

Universe: "What more do you want?"

I Am: "Perhaps we could invite someone else around and have a party, yes that would be good. They could bring their friends, hopefully one of them is attractive and will like me - nice body, I can just see it now, we could go out for a drive, eat in a swanky restaurant, maybe have a few glasses of wine, and then...

Universe: "Go sit on the naught step!"
    Jeffrey