Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Has anyone tried Buteyko breathing?

Has anyone tried Buteyko breathing?

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2013
    @jll, it might have helped if you'd assisted those unaware of such methods, if you'd posted an explanatory link?

In any case, here it is For the curious....

For my part?

Count me out.

Frankly, I don't see the point as it has no clinical foundation or proof of efficacy.
    blu3ree
  • My former brother in law had childhood 'asthma' and we now think this was milk allergy. He did learn to relax and deepen his breath in order to survive. He takes tablets of the enzyme lactase and is able to have dairy products.

Breathing exercises and relaxation has health benefits, such as surviving asthma attacks.

Some pranayama is taught in yoga, in qi ong and altered breathing patterns are often a side effect of chanting.

Experienced meditators will know the breathing becomes, slower, softer, more drawn out and less laboured when they are more centred.
    Meditation and chanting will give you the medical benefits, has far more research showing its medicinal efficacy and will lead to enlightenment (special bonus) if you are diligent and the circumstances are fortuitous. :clap:

Why the interest?
  • so after following the link i am still no further to understanding what buteyko is.

does it emphasize breathing in and out with the gut?