Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Remembering Bo Lozoff

If you don't know, he passed away about a year ago in a motorcycle accident. I've done a lot of questionable things in my life but one of the finest was to get him approved to speak at the jail at which I work. One story he told will be with me always.

His son, Josh was a volunteer in Guatamela. His local translator ate beans and tortillas twice each day. He asked her if she had ever tasted foods like pasta, pizza and hamburgers. "Yes, yes, yes," she said.

"Then he finally asked a question that took him by surprise and deepened his life. He said, 'If you could have any food in the world, what would you have? And she immediately said, 'Beans and tortillas. That's my favorite food.'"
MaryAnneNirvana