Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

"Zen Predator..." radio discussion

genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
On Tuesday, Nov. 26, public radio here in the U.S. is planning to interview three men with varying degrees of Zen Buddhist understanding.

Mark Oppenheimer is religion columnist for the New York Times and the author of "The Zen Predator of the Upper East Side." Jay Michaelson is a teacher, and the author of "Evolving Dharma: Buddhism and the Next Generation of Enlightenment." Brian Victoria is a Zen monk and author of "Zen at War" Victoria is also, for my money, a thinker of credible substance.

The three men will appear on The Colin McEnroe Show between 1:25 and 1:40 p.m. EST. The show itself begins at 1:00 p.m. EST. The springboard for the conversation, I presume, will be Oppenheimer's ebook/essay/indictment of Eido Tai Shimano, a man who had serial sexual relationships -- many of them manipulative if not abusive -- with some of his female followers.

Sorry, I am no computer genius: This seems as close as I can get to a direct link to the show... which theoretically will be available when the show is actually on. If the web site is to be believed, the program is also rebroadcast at 8 p.m. the same evening.
MaryAnne