Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Einstein

edited November 2013 in General Banter
Not sure why I'm mentioning this but here goes ...

Einstein writes in the Principia “Time exists in and of itself …”

Does this conflict with the Buddhist concept of emptiness i.e. the absence of inherent existence in all phenomena?

All feedback welcome

Comments

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

Einstein writes in the Principia “Time exists in and of itself …”

Didn't Einstein reject the classical notion of independent time?
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, that isn't right because the theory of relativity insists time could not exist without space and that time is relative and not absolute. It was Newton that thought time was absolute.

Einstein also believed there is only one moment in time which is now.

"...for us physicists believe the separation between past, present, and future is only an illusion, although a convincing one."
  • Here is my blog on time and dimensional travel which has not been updated for some time
    http://qgate.soup.io/
    You may find it of interest.

Been waiting for a breakthrough from another dimension . . . :crazy:
  • There is always a sense of time in awareness. But the three times: past, present, and future are dependently (or interdependently) arisen. Without past and future there is no present. But any moment is immediately in the past once it happens. The pondering of the future happens IN the present.

Since all times are interdependent that means that they cannot be establish as independent. Sooo there is no time, but there is always a SENSE of time in awareness.
  • excellent thank you