Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Crazy indent.

lobsterlobster Veteran
edited November 2013 in General Banter
Alleviating suffering especially our own, seems a sane thing to do. Maybe that is just crazy talk?

What craziness stops most of the world understanding this? Distractions outside that Himalayan cave? How much caveman pain requires resorting to troglodyte existence?
Can existence exist without suffering? Who is responsible for our suffering and its alleviation? I really want to point a finger . . . yes there it is 'Mr Cushion' is unoccupied by me. Bad Mr Cushion . . . why aren't you more alluring? [lobster wanders off, pointing and muttering about Nothing . . . ] :hiding:
David

Comments

• howhow Veteran Veteran
    Can existence exist without suffering?

@Lobster
    I assume that what coalesces to form an individual life requires the preceding causality of a delusive response to suffering. No suffering/ no individual life.
    IMO, existence would continue to exist without suffering, just free of our individual expressions of it.
    David
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    Wow @how... I'm not sure if that was brutally beautiful or beautifully brutal.

This is why although it is fleeting, I feel there is nothing wrong with enjoying existence without grasping. If we don't smell the roses, who will?