Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

December 2013 Community Prayer Wall Offering

anatamananataman Who needs a title?Where am I? Veteran
edited December 2013 in General Banter
Last year I went through a rather traumatic period of my life where I returned to 'Rigpa' (also the name for a Tibetan buddhist centre in north London, where I first came to know and understand buddhism and learned to meditate). On my return I found that there was a book in the shrine room that you could write the name of someone, and the cause of their suffering, in it, and knew that someone in the centre would pray for them (I found myself reading the names and the disease/death/suffering and feeling true compassion as I meditated in front of the Gold Statue). One day when I was particularly troubled I went to the shrine room and was told that someone there was going through grief, and did I really need to be there - yes I did. I read the book and saw the additional name and the cause of their grief. I felt true compassion that day.

I would like to offer every member in this community a prayer for the suffering they, or someone else they know, are experiencing. I will do a daily meditation throughout December and beyond and pray for every name (or initial) that is listed in this thread to be healed and released from their suffering:

J.C. - depression
V.R. - depression
L.R. - diabetes, kidney stones
N.R. - back pain

MaryAnneEvenThird

Comments

• many thanks, @anataman

J.D. - Lonely & truly Lost -in Life
    K.T - Holding an entire family together through one catastrophe after
    another for the last 2.5 years!
    anataman
  • EvenThirdEvenThird NYC Veteran
    T.A. - Anxiety & heart condition (options are daily medication or surgery)
    A.M. - suffering from loneliness and S.A.D.

Thank you.
    anataman
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    N.M. - died aged 95 - an inspirational human being
    EvenThird
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    hey moderator - can you move this post to where you feel it is appropriate as this is not general banter (delete this comment as well - thanks!)