Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

4 NT's

TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existenceSamsara Veteran
edited December 2013 in Buddhism Basics
If I knew nothing else about Buddhism other then the four Noble truths and the three marks of existence I would still be in awe at their profound simplicity and yet very deep and sublime nature. I am currently reading a book called dancing with life by Philip Moffitt. It goes in to great depth in regards to the four Noble truths and has greatly expanded my knowledge and understanding about the nature of suffering. I always had a good interest and understanding of impermanence and not self but the concept of suffering always seem to lose me. I think I'm beginning to understand it now and apply it very directly into my life. I am not really sure why I posted this but to maybe express my deep gratitude for the Dharma and its teachings. I feel one could study the four Noble truths and it would be a life's work and one well worth the effort.
May all of you be well happy and peaceful.
Todd
poptartjaeMaryAnnemisterCopeanatamanJeffreylobster

Comments

• Thanks, Todd. I will seek out that book.
    Theswingisyellow
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    I have always said that I am a simple soul; and that the 4, the 5 and the 8 are sufficiently deep topics to occupy one's entire life in their study. They are glaringly simple, yet highly complex at one and the same time. Anyone who tells mw they understand these perfectly, knows little or nothing about Buddhism.....

;)
    anatamanTheswingisyellowlobster
  • jaejae Veteran
    I've been reading the four noble truths as a beginner and I can see why you say it could be a lifetimes study ..a great start though, thanks to antaman for suggesting I look into it.
    lobsterTheswingisyellow
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    If karma is a natural law, and your next life is caused and conditioned by this life, then being introduced to, and knowing, understanding and practicing the dharma can only lead to happiness.

Mettha
    JeffreyTheswingisyellow