Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Does she suddenly overwhelm you?

Let's say many months or even years ago, you've been through a bad break-up. You now feel you're over the person, and indeed for many months (or at least weeks) you really ARE fine - you don't cry, you don't obsess over her, etc.

And then suddenly when you least expect, she's there - all you can see is her face. You are transported to the past, the suffering is back ... you're overwhelmed. All the things you did during the breakup - the obsessing, the tears, everything - is back. You are confused, not knowing what to do.

Point is, You feel you've had certain issues under control, and then suddenly when you least expect - maybe in the middle of the night or during the day at the office - those issues get the better of you.

Does this ever happen to you? Does she ever catch you unawares? You walk in daylight; she lurks in the shadows. While you are smiling, she's scheming. And when you turn your gaze away, she suddenly overwhelms you. No one can understand her, although many have tried.

Who is she?

Comments

• GuiGui Veteran
    I don't know. But she who is in your mind is telling you to practice seriously.
    cvaluefootiam
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    betaboy said:

Who is she?

My self

riverflowlobster
  • jaejae Veteran
    Desire..addiction
    lobster
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    betaboy said:

Let's say many months or even years ago, you've been through a bad break-up. You now feel you're over the person, and indeed for many months (or at least weeks) you really ARE fine - you don't cry, you don't obsess over her, etc.

And then suddenly when you least expect, she's there - all you can see is her face. You are transported to the past, the suffering is back ... you're overwhelmed. All the things you did during the breakup - the obsessing, the tears, everything - is back. You are confused, not knowing what to do.

Who is she?

Clinging, grasping, attachment - all the things you label as 'pessimistic'.
    Because as yet, although you've learnt the lyrics, the melody escapes you....
    jaeTheswingisyellowlobster
  • federica said:

betaboy said:

Who is she?

Clinging, grasping, attachment - all the things you label as 'pessimistic'.
    Because as yet, although you've learnt the lyrics, the melody escapes you....
    Yeah, but these are melancholic melodies.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Time the record was changed.... I think.
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    It's an odd parallel... Being sad seems to make you happy.
    lobster
  • Yes and it does happen. Like a boxer keep your guard up
  • HamsakaHamsaka goosewhisperer Polishing the 'just so' Veteran
    ourself said:

It's an odd parallel... Being sad seems to make you happy.

One little tweak: "Being sad seems to make you FEEL."

Feel something, anything!

Gassho :)

• Is your goal to escape the wallowing, or embrace it?
  • You will never know her.

But you can appreciate her.
  • Here she is . . .

:wave: :bowdown:
    Jeffrey
  • I used to line up all my past girlfriends in my head - that helped me stop obsessing over any particular one. Also, your kind of hurt softens the heart and makes it easier to direct love at strangers as you walk down the street.
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

I used to line up all my past girlfriends in my head -

Was there enough room? :p
  • I used to line up all my past girlfriends in my head -

Was there enough room? :p
    Easily :D